Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Dry humping with clothes and condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry humping with clothes and condom
robertoa2012
Neophyte
Member # 97695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertoa2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that my question might be dumb, but obviously no one can maturely answer my questions on yahoo answers or anywhere in google and getting my own personal response from an expert will definitely ease my mind. My girlfriend and i have been dry humping with clothes a lot. And i know it may sound stupid, but i wear a condom under my boxers to double the protection but i have no idea if that does anything at all. But mentally, it does make us feel safer. We both want to know why she bleeds or spots after we dry hump and her stomach hurts as well. Can girls get "blue balls" like guys?
She spots and then it stops. Is it because we might be too rough?

Also, every month 4-5 days before her period she's spotting. It's usually on the tissue after wiping. Is this normal? So far, I've heard it's due to infections like STDs but we're both virgins and I just want to clarify that the dry humping we do can absolutely be no risk leading to a pregnancy. It's impossible right??
She worries a lot about it. She told me that before, when it was the week of her period, she would just automatically bleed like a normal period should be. But now, she always spots days before her period actually starts. Is this a big concern? or is it normal?

Posts: 4 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robertoa2012 and welcome to Scarleteen.

To answer your questions about pregnancy risks, can you have a look at these articles?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

Pregnancy Scared?

If, after reading these, you still have questions, we can definitely talk about those. [Smile]
Yes, the spotting and abdominal aching could well be from being too rough. Perhaps the two of you can talk about changing things up and seeing if that helps?

IN terms of the spotting before her periods, people's menstrual cycles can change for no reason at all, particularly in the first few years of getting their period. The amount of spotting you're describing doesn't sound worrisome, but if your girlfriend has a doctor she sees regularly she can always mention it to them if she's concerned. It's a good idea to keep a doctor informed about bodily changes that concern us.

IN answer to your question about "blue balls" which is called vasocongestion, have a read of this:

FBI Files: Vasocongestion, AKA: Blue Balls

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robertoa2012
Neophyte
Member # 97695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robertoa2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any suggestions about not being too rough or making the pleasure more comfortable?

Thank you, I'll let her know about that.

Posts: 4 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it really is just about doing what feels good to both of you--trying different things and communicating with each other.

There's generally no right or wrong way to do something sexual so long as everyone wants the sexual activity, is feeling good, and the activities are emotionally and physically safe for everyone.

So I'd suggest just asking your girlfriend what is comfortable for her and asking her to tell you if it hurts or feels uncomfortable in any way. The two of you can work from there to make it less rough on her body and still pleasurable for both of you.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robertoa2012
Neophyte
Member # 97695

Hi Robin,

I have another concern that's worrying my girlfriend for the past two-three days... Whenever she wipes after urinating, there's always gooey discharge with streaks of blood. No burning, itching, pain or anything like that. Like mentioned before, we never had sex, just dry humping with clothes on. But this discharge with streaks of blood randomly happened without dry humping of any kind. It just happened on it's own and she's not even close to having her next period yet. However, there is an odor with her discharge and she can smell it through her jeans. Should we worry that much?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Roberto,

I would suggest that your girlfriend go see her doctor. This is likely nothing too serious, but smelly discharge does often indicate that something is out of balance.

So, there's no reason to freak out, but a consultation with the doctor would be advisable here.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.