Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Protruding labia? continued

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protruding labia? continued
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather..... yes i was taught about it by my mom and school..... yes its just recently happen, i was walking home from the shops when? I felt it rubbing against my knickers making it really sore?
Posts: 16 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A radical change in the appearance or feel of any part of your vulva that occurs out of nowhere is almost always something you want to check into with your sexual healthcare provider (in the UK, you can get that healthcare, as you probably already know, via any NHS or GUM clinic).

If this occurred and the change didn't go back -- in other words, the swelling did not subside, leaving your vulva looking and feeling as it typically does -- within a few hours to a day, then I'd suggest seeing a healthcare provider is what you do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only thing i can think of that might of coursed it was the other night I used a dildo since my divorce...... i didnt use lub as i inserted it..... it hurt so i pulled out but nothing?
Posts: 16 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your labia would be unlikely to swell from inserting something into your vagina. But like I said, whatever may or may not have happened, if this is only temporary, lasting a day or less, it'll take care of itself. If it's lasted longer than that, or does, we'd advise you consult a healthcare provider to find out what is causing the swelling.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

Another thing i was going to mention is the pain in my breasts, whenever i remove my bra they flop and start hurting?
Heather
Member # 3

You're now describing vulval swelling as well as breast pain. So, that's now two reasons, not just one, to see your healthcare provider. Given your age and the fact that you have been through a pregnancy, I presume you know where to get this care?

If you don't, then again, you can start with whoever you see or have seen for general healthcare.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

I told my daughter about my painful vagina suddenly I feel her hand go down my knickers and rub my sore vagina making it hurt more what do i do?
Heather
Member # 3

You stop trolling us, that's what.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.