Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Protruding labia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protruding labia?
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I'm Brenda, Mim's mom, i had to use her computer because my office one is being mended and as she's out i thought i find some answers to my problem.

I first notice I had a problem when? I felt something rubbing against my knickers so i had to hide in an ally and pull them down when I looked at my vagina, i saw my lips were sticking out? it really hurts?

Posts: 16 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brenda/Julia: our guidelines make clear that sharing an account isn't okay. We need people who want us to talk with them to register their own accounts.

Can you take a minute to do that? After you do, we'll be happy to answer your questions. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heather I created a new one for my daughter and i will use this one for me if thats ok?

Like I said I first notice there was a problem when it starting rubbing against my knickers making it very sore.... I dont know what to do?

Posts: 16 | From: Oxfordshire | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We need you to create your own account with your own birthdate and email account, please. I assume you probably also might not want an account whose profile lists "hairy vaginas" as its interest and I don't know if you, as your daughter apparently does, identify as a lesbian.

having accurate information about our users -- and the birthdate is important for legal reasons -- is something we need. Thank you.

[ 10-25-2012, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

I have but you need to a prove it for me to long on?
Heather
Member # 3

Which, then, is your daughter's account now?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

i kind need an answer so i will change info on here to match me and my daughter will use the new one i created today..... if thats ok
Heather
Member # 3

We need you, as we do all of our users, to respect our guidelines and policies, particularly given this is a service provided for free to you. And that involves answering questions like I'm asking you to adhere to the most basic of our guidelines. Particularly as someone who wants to use a service for young people who is an older adult, the least we expect is that courtesy.

What is the account you have now registered for your daughter with her permission?

[ 10-25-2012, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

its Brendassong44444
Heather
Member # 3

Do you mean user Berenda? If so, I don't understand why the birthdate for that account for her is the same as the birthdate you now have listed for this account.

Nor why now the email accounts for both of these handles appears to be the same name.

(You can perhaps understand why we are cautious about this, particularly when it comes to protecting the privacy of our users, including with parents. And you can also perhaps understand why we tend to be doubly cautious when the profile information a user inputs looks very much like something a troll would put in.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

the email is the same because we use the same address for gmail and hotmail..... as for the birthdate it was going to be my one but i need to ask a question so i hope you dont mind
Heather
Member # 3

I think I've made very clear that we DO mind. Altering information on your daughter's account without her permission and using it for yourself isn't something we are okay with.

But let's just get this sorted and out of the way. Afterwards, I need you and your daughter to each have your own accounts which accurately reflect your different birthdates. Particularly since having a 23-year-old daughter at the age of 34 is not exactly common.

Given your age, I assume you've long been familiar with your own vulva. Inner labia protrude outside the outer labia for some people, for others they do not. Are you saying that until now, yours have never protruded but are currently, very noticeably so? If so, then we're talking about swelling happening from something, like an infection or allergic reaction to something like a detergent. Are you experiencing any pain or soreness? If so, how long has that gone on for?

[ 10-25-2012, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

its ok i have spoken to her about it and she says she probley be too busy with college work to use this site again unless she needs to I just said "mommy's vagina is very painful and had to use your account" she replied "thats ok i found out my answer so use it as you well"
Heather
Member # 3

It's really not up to her what's okay. This is about our guidelines.

But if you want help with this, like I said, why don't you answer my questions, so we can be done with this and then one or both of you can get your own accounts with your own, accurate, information affixed.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Brenda K
Neophyte
Member # 97692

what question was that?
Heather
Member # 3

quote:
Given your age, I assume you've long been familiar with your own vulva. Inner labia protrude outside the outer labia for some people, for others they do not. Are you saying that until now, yours have never protruded but are currently, very noticeably so? If so, then we're talking about swelling happening from something, like an infection or allergic reaction to something like a detergent. Are you experiencing any pain or soreness? If so, how long has that gone on for?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.