Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » need advice expert advice, stressing too much!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need advice expert advice, stressing too much!
Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Photoguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to know.. My girlfriend and I got close, she is on the pill hadn't missed one for about a month. We were having dry sex, as it is put, with underwear on. I moved before I orgasmed, but im still worried something could have happened since she was wet. I read the pregnancy posts already, but I need personal confirmation from an expert. Is there any chance that sperm could have went from my wet boxers, through her wet panties, and got her pregnant?
Posts: 6 | From: Statesville | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Photoguy and welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

Based on what you read in the articles about pregnancy, what kind of risk do you think there is?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Photoguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that there is still a risk of pregnancy... I get paranoid very easily and I stress easy... I read the articles, but I feel a lot better when I get an answer personally. Can sperm travel from my wet boxers to her wet panties and get her pregnant..
Posts: 6 | From: Statesville | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

Also, what background do you have to verify your knowledge? Sorry, I just stress so easily.. I was raised to make mountains out of mole hills by watching my parents as I grew up...
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that you need an answer personally. One of the things we want to do here at Scarleteen is to not only give people answers but to make sure that they have the information they need to make their own evaluations and decisions for the future. Does that make sense?

So perhaps we could talk through what parts of your situation you feel present a risk?

In terms of our background, we have all focussed our research and training in the areas of sexuality and relationships, and sex education, though our backgrounds vary. You can read our Executive Director's background here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/node/3304

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

I just want to know, can she be pregnant from the situation I described?v I need an answer and why please... That will do more than enough. Im afraid that sperm can travel through wet boxers to wet panties and cause pregnancy. That is my only fear at present.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Photoguy: if you've read through the articles and threads which explain all of this, then you know that only DIRECT genital-to-genital contact or direct contact between your ejaculate and her genitals pose a risk of pregnancy. Clothing being worn means that "direct" is out of the picture.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

Thank you so much that takes a lot off of my mind. You guys here are awesome. Thank you for the help. If I meet anyone who had questions I will point then to here. =) again, thank you.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome. [Smile] I'm very glad we could help.

--------------------
Robin

Photoguy
Neophyte
Member # 97795

Update... It has been 3 weeks since this situation. She is bloated and her chest is tender. She is nervous now that it may be signs that she is pregnant, even though you said there is no way. She is on the pill, and these symptoms are normal when she gets close to her menstrual cycle. Also, her muscles just under her chest just in a way she describes as inflamed.... Is this a sign of pregnancy after only 3 weeks?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that she feels nervous about pregnancy, why doesn't she simply take a pregnancy test to ease her mind (and yours)?

THAT is the way someone can tell if they are pregnant or not, not 'symptoms." And we can't possibly say if what she is experiencing is about pregnancy or not without knowing if she is, in fact, pregnant or not. Which ones needs to take a test to establish.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.