Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can't seem to find the answer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't seem to find the answer
Lustercross
Activist
Member # 93232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lustercross     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize for starting this thread but I searched the forum and read the pregnancy scared article and I can't seem to find the answer to my question. I know that anal sex is a risk because ejaculate can slide down to the vagina but what if there was no ejaculate? My gf and I had anal sex and I pulled out. 30 seconds later I ejaculated on her upper back so I know for a fact that I didn't ejaculate close to her vulva. I guess my question is that can pre-ejaculate also slide down? Also does it even matter if it can? Because my gf started birth control pills 3 weeks ago and she isn't the type to forget a pill or take one late. Also I have another question. My gf told me everything that the doctor told her about birth control pills but could you also tell me more on how they work? I'm just curious in knowing more about birth control pills. Thank you!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Lustercross,

When no birth control is used, there is indeed a small risk from anal sex with ejaculation. When there is no ejaculation, that risk becomes even smaller. Since your girlfriend is taking hormonal birth control, the risk is smaller still.

There are other reasons to use condoms for anal sex, including reducing the risk of STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission. Have you and your girlfriend both been tested for STIs? Using condoms with lots of lube can also make anal sex easier on delicate anal tissues.

Here are a few articls about the birth control pill.

Combined Oral Contraceptives (The Pill)

How do birth control pills really work, even during the placebo period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lustercross
Activist
Member # 93232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lustercross     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well she got tested for STIs the day she got the birth control and she doesn't have anything. I haven't gotten tested but before her I was a virgin and she was a virgin too. Should I get tested anyways?
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By virgin do you mean that you never had any sort of sexual contact with anyone?

It's always a good habit to get into when one is sexually active to keep up with one's STI testing, so, for no other reason than that, I'd suggest that yes, you get tested.

You might also find this article informative on that subject.

Without sexual contact, could I have an STI?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lustercross
Activist
Member # 93232

Okay so I think I understand how the pill works now. Since this is her first month on the pill, the doctor told her that it would seem like her period is late but its not because the period/withdrawal bleed won't come until up to 3 days after she finishes the pack. she usually has her period on the 16 but that already passed and she has 5 days left on the pills. Does that mean the pills did their job and skipped ovulation?
Lustercross
Activist
Member # 93232

quote:
Originally posted by Robin Lee:
By virgin do you mean that you never had any sort of sexual contact with anyone?

It's always a good habit to get into when one is sexually active to keep up with one's STI testing, so, for no other reason than that, I'd suggest that yes, you get tested.

You might also find this article informative on that subject.

Without sexual contact, could I have an STI?

Well before her I had only one other girlfriend and with her all I did was kiss a lot. Is that a justifiable reason to get tested?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

I think you'll find the article I linked above informative on what is a good basis for STI testing.

As I said too, it's a healthy habit to get into when one is sexually active, not just waiting until or if there is a problem.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.