Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » i want my ex back!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i want my ex back!!
Carmen_Marie
Neophyte
Member # 98110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen_Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so i dated this boy Brennan. I was in love with him and i still am! When i see him in the halls i just start crying because i miss him! We have talked about us but he always says that he isn't a good person for me because he has done things with other girls and im a virgin. i have told him that that was in the past and that it doesnt bother me because i love him for him and i dont judge him for his actions! Is there anything I can do to get him back? please help! thank you!

--------------------
~Carmen_Marie~

Posts: 1 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Carmen...

Sorry to hear you're not able to start a relationship again with this person. It can be horrible to feel like you care about somebody but they don't want the same things as you.

I do think it's important to respect his decision, as it sounds like a good representation of how he's feeling.

Loving someone and caring about them, for me, means also supporting them in their decisions. Sometimes that can really play with our emotions but there are many levels on which our relationships and attractions work and love is only one way of describing that.

Relationships can be good for us because of wanting similar things with eachother, sexually, emotionally, intellectually, and socially.

But for me you guys a already want different things, even about whether or not you want to be in a relationship. You've not spoken about it more but it is possible you also have differences about what you want sexually. I'm a little sad to hear that he feels conflicted about his past sex life, but I get the impression he is interested in more sexual activity than you and has seen that ahead of time. It might not feel like it, but it's possible that it's a way of him caring about you to avoid a relationship in which maybe he knows you want different things.

Moving on from this stuff is hard but I really think that a caring interraction between you guys can mean giving him the respect for his decision and him keeping from starting a relationship with you that he doesn't want and that he thinks would make you unhappy given the different needs you seem to have.

I wish you all the best but given what it seems you want from a relationship, it sounds like it could be good for you to hold back from trying to make it work with him right now.

Investing in your own time and friendships can help a lot too.

I hope you're ok. All the best.

[ 10-26-2012, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Jacob at Scarleteen ]

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.