Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Quick question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quick question...
soscaredx
Activist
Member # 95084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soscaredx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After having gallbladder problems for the past year and a half, I finally decided to have it removed on Sep. 27th. The procedure went fine, and I've doing great now. The day of the procedure and the day after it, I could not keep food or pills or anything down. So, I threw up one of my bc pills one day, and I threw up another one the day after... So, I missed two pills within the first week of a pack.

After those two days, everything went back to normal and I was keeping things down fine, and taking my bc pills as I usually do. I have been on them since March, and I've barely been late on any of them and I have never missed any of my pills until now.

I'm still taking the pack that I missed the pills in, and while doing so, my boyfriend and I are abstaining from sex just to be on the safe side. After I get done with this pack, and start on the new one, should I consider myself protected again?

Thanks.

Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,

Yes, as long as you start the new pack on time, whatever happened with the last pack doesn't count.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.