Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Dry Humping Risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry Humping Risk
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ana109         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Me and my boyfriend were fooling around and I ended up without any clothes on and he with just his briefs on. He was wet with pre-ejaculate and we were just rubbing against each other occasionally (he had his briefs on) and pressing our private areas against one another. He had quite a lot of precum I noticed, but I am positive that he had not ejaculated before that- so that his precum did not contain trace sperm from past ejaculation.

What are the chances of pregnancy may I ask? Are they as impossible as I think they are?

Please enlighten me!

Baie dankie as us South Africa's would say. [Smile]

--------------------
Please help.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana109         Edit/Delete Post 
African's*

--------------------
Please help.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever at least one partner is wearing clothing of some sort, there is no pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll find these articles helpful.

Pregnancy Scared?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

If you were in my shoes would you be worried?

--------------------
Please help.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You know, we all have different levels of worry and I'm not sure that whether I would or wouldn't be can be all that helpful to you.

Based on what you learned in those articles I linked you to, are you still worried.

--------------------
Robin

ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

The articles state the facts. And according to the facts I need not be worried. I was just asking you from an emotional point of view.

--------------------
Please help.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, emotions don't change those facts. And whether we worry or not doesn't create or reduce risks.

Some people worry in these situations, others don't, and all for a range of reasons, from lack of education and facts to know if there's a risk, to guilt or shame about engaging in sexual activity, to crummy relationships, etc.

But if YOU are still worried, we can certainly talk more about that. After all, it's your feelings and fears you're posting about here, you know?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

According to fact it's quite impossible am I correct? I am angry at myself because I spend time worrying over something that is completely unrealistic.

I just want to know if any of you were in my shoes, would it be worth worrying over?

As the incident happened two weeks ago I took a HPT yesterday and the answer came back negative. My period can vary between being a week early and a week late, so I think it's safe to say that it was alright that I took one.

--------------------
Please help.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you took the pregnancy test two weeks after the incident, you can trust the results. And there's no need to be angry with yourself -- you weren't aware. It's quite understandable to be worried when you're not sure of the facts. So try not to be angry with yourself -- just know that, for the future, you don't have to worry in situations like this because you now know the facts! [Smile]
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

Can pre-cum cause pregnancy?

--------------------
Please help.

ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

Because in this particular incident he was wearing briefs, he did not ejaculate and there was only dry-sex involved.

--------------------
Please help.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi ana. You should know, having read the articles that robin linked you to, whether your situation posed a risk of pregnancy or not. They also cover whether pre-cum can cause a pregnancy risk without the other factors you mentioned.

There really is nothing else we can tell you about this -- you have all the information you need, and our answer isn't going to suddenly change.

Are you feeling a lot of anxiety around this? If you are, we can talk about that if you'd like.

[ 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

I do feel anxiety around the subject. And your articles state that only when ejaculation occurs on or in a vulva is there a risk. Would I be correct in saying that there is absolutely no risk since he did not ejaculate and his precum would not contain sperm due to him not ejaculating any time before that?

--------------------
Please help.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Yes, you're correct -- and the fact that he had a layer of clothing on also makes the risk of pregnancy non-existent here.

Are risks of pregnancy the only times you have anxiety like this, or do you get levels of fear like this around anything else in life as well? Do you feel it with regards to anything else relating to sexuality? What do you think about possibly getting some in-person help with this, like a counsellor? A lot of people have anxiety around sexuality, and a counsellor would be able to help you work through it and learn how to cope with your anxiety and get to the bottom of it so that you no longer get this worried about things like that. Do you think counselling might be a good option for you?

Also, you might want to consider taking a step back from any kind of sexual activity that triggers anxiety like this for now, until you work out where this is coming from and how you can cope with it so that you don't find yourself constantly worrying about non-risks like this -- it could help with your peace of mind and stress levels. What do you think? Do you think that would help for now?

ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

I am worried because he produced quite a bit of it (precum), and I could feel the wetness coming through on his briefs.

I have got an anxiety disorder. So yes, it affects quite a lot of things in my life. My mind seems to be able to take really small and stupid things and blow them up until they're the size of mountains.

We don't really have counselors in South Africa? It sounds quite strange but we have psychologists and psychiatrists and to go to them it's quite expensive. Since I am a student at University I won't be able to afford it.

I am going to do that. I really cannot deal with the amount of stress I go through when it comes to this.

Basically I came to this site for a black and white answer with no bits of grey in between. Either yes there is a risk or no there isn't. You gave me that answer. Thanks Onionpie [Smile]

--------------------
Please help.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

It doesn't matter that you could feel the wetness through the briefs -- a lot more than that is required to make pregnancy a possibility. As is explained in the "where DID I come from?" article, there actually needs to be a whole lot of sperm, AND enough of the seminal fluids, to potentially co-create a pregnancy. Which is why we say that a layer of clothing in between means pregnancy is not an option. So there's no need to worry [Smile]

Have you ever had any kind of treatment for your anxiety disorder? Any behavioural/talk therapy or medication? How was your anxiety disorder diagnosed?

Does your university health centre have any kind of mental health facilities that provide psychologists for students? Or any kind of health coverage to help reduce costs of psychologists/psychiatrists for the students?

I'm glad to hear that you feel that decision will help reduce your stress levels. And I'm glad to hear that I've been able to help [Smile]

ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

It was diagnosed when I started having panic attacks. There are certain things that trigger my anxiety and I'm guessing this is one of them. I am pretty much always on mild tranquilizers to keep my anxiety at bay.

I guess in my mind I have the constant "what if" playing over and over. It would terrify me to know if there is a chance.

But it is SUCH A RELIEF to know that it's impossible!

--------------------
Please help.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Which doctor prescribes you your anti-anxiety meds? You could talk to them about this more extreme anxiety you're having, and they will be able to help you -- they may prescribe a different anti-anxiety, or up your dosage, or refer you to a psychologist.
ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

So I took a second pregnancy test today, and it came out negative again. This is now 17 days after the incident took place. Is it safe to say that this is an accurate and trustworthy result?

--------------------
Please help.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Having both pregnancy tests come out negative is a loud and clear message that you're not pregnant. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

ana109
Activist
Member # 96639

My period is due sometime between 21-28 days. The time I took the test was on day 24. So even though it may be early, it was still more than two weeks after the incident.

--------------------
Please help.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Again, more than two weeks afterwards will yield an accurate result.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.