Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pain Mangement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain Mangement
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What can I do to reduce the pain and discomfort of Ovarian Cysts?

This is brutal, the other day I experienced pain for a few hours till the next day to the point it got so bad, I had to bend over to walk to the washroom. After it had burst. I mean, I felt this slight *pop* release inside of me, below my belly button on my left. The pain hurt and started to fade slowly.

Sept. 28th: I woke up feeling weird... later I started to feel pain below my belly button, now as I sit here, the pain is not only pain but pressure in my right. My stomach is bloated as hell. It stings and the pain is into my right side, of pressure but below my belly button it hurts. It feels like something is sitting on my bladder again. Also, my chest kills, like a heartburn feeling but it just feel weird. My right breast underneath gets this sharp stinging pain, then goes away.

This can not be happening again. I tried to get on Birth Control but I couldn't due to 'underlining medical issues,' so I sit here in pain and discomfort knowing I have to wait.

I do see my family doctor Wednesday evening, finally. I took midel earlier and it didn't do much.... and I refuse to take pain medication and I shouldn't even take Midel (not because of medical stuff- just I can't, I wont let myself take anything more, its like a belief but its a choice for myself) what should I do?

How the hell can I reduce this bloating feeling? I feel like my stomach is about to explode, it's like sticking out.

Thank You

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are in this much pain, your best bet is to go to the ER.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8995 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hospital wont do anything.

One burst last night, I was in sever pain- I gave in and took tynole... what the heck is with discharge? Woke up in the middle of the night all wet, it was discharge and it stunk like just wow. I could smell it through my pants even sitting.

Does this happen with cysts bursting? That has a consist discharge and smells horrible?

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If indeed, you have had an ovarian cyst rupture, then going to the ER or hospital IS the right thing to do. particularly if you are having foul discharge, serious pain and serious swelling of your abdomen.

If you're dead-set on not doing that, and also dead-set on not trying any other pain reliever besides Midol or Tylenol, there truly is nothing TO do. Just FYI, the better OTC pain relievers for uterine issues, cramps or otherwise, in terms of what works best on those muscles are generally ibuprofen (by itself, not the mix of things in Midol, meant for PMS symptoms) or naproxen.

(And having started on a form of birth control again a few days ago likely would have changed nothing per today, just so you are aware. As well, whether that's even the suggested treatment for your cysts, well, who knows. It's not the right thing for everyone.)

However, you're asking us and that given, I'd strongly advise you go to the ER with what you are posting here.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't seek medical attention I dislike hospitals, I had to go to one because my asthma flared up to the point I couldn't breath and I caused a scene.

The pain had finally went away, I get these small shocks of pain nothing that causes me to be concerned.

I'm unable to go on birth control due to 'other medical concerns' that I've been told. I will bring this up with my family doctor Wednesday Evening.

So the best thing to do if this happens again is to seek medical attention and go to a hospital? I can do that. Would a walk in clinic be able to do something about it, or no? I'm asking because my cousin thinks going to a walk in clinic they could help me, just like about my breathing, I told her no they can't do anything.

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a walk-in clinic would be fine, as they can help determine if you need to go to the ER.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

I have a question. So I had took a nape, very small one because I wasn't feeling that well. Anyways woke up to a burning and stinging on my right below my belly button on the right right above the bone of the pelvic. Anyways, I keep getting shots of pain into my breast on my left like electric shock. My right side is starting to hurt mildly. I'm not feeling bloated I feel on my left side that it's swollen or just full.

How can someone have cysts like this then they hurt until they burst and I'm feeling better after. Should I seek medical treatment now or...? I seriously need to be at work tomorrow and this issue can not stop me from working, it was my first day on the job. This stinks. I'm in debt in so many levels. I gotta do what I need to do, I guess.

I'm lost and confused.

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Alergnon,

If you're feeling this level of pain and discomfort which it looks (from what you've said in this thread) like it's been going on to one degree or another for about a week, medical evaluation is highly advisable.

Knowing what we've said here, it's up to you when and how you choose to seek that out.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

I'm having a pretty hard time figuring out how severe the various pains you have been describing are.

They *sound* -- the way you're describing them -- very severe. If they are as severe as you are describing, then you should seek out healthcare. I would say the same goes with repeatedly feeling what you think are cysts bursting, especially since usually, someone doesn't feel anything, and it's not like multiple cysts forming and busting, and often, is something common, so who knows what is even going on here. (In other words, I'm not sure what you think is happening is what's actually happening, so I can't say how someone can have the situation you're describing.)

That all said, Wednesday night you have a healthcare appointment, yes?

If so, and these pains are NOT super-severe, it seems to make the most sense to just wait until then, especially since you seem inclined not to go to the ER when we advise that.

But I would make sure when you do go to that appointment, you detail everything you have reported experiencing here that has happened since the last time you had a checkup. I'd also attach your pains to the 0-10 level we use in healthcare, 0 being no pain, 10 being hit-by-a-mack-truck-and-then-five-more pain. That way of describing pain tends to be a lot more useful to people trying to figure out what's going on.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Yes I have a medical appointment Wednesday evening, I'm going to type everything up (never done that before) and explain everything and give her it.

I'm a bit excited for my period to come at the end of this week or next, last time this happened I missed periods. I will do the 0-10 scale of pain, I'll work on it tonight before bed.

I really hope stress isn't making this more difficult for me, fighting my rights for this appointment to happen, to finding out this morning my grandma is in the hospital and found tumors on her brain, to money/financial issues.

On the bright side I'll be distracted at work tomorrow from 7am to 3:30pm doing training, then shifts starting next week or something for 11pm to 7am. So appointments during the day wont be a massive obstacle. 4 other people applied and had interviews and I was out of the 5 that got the job.

I have to admit, I dislike hospitals I have issues at hospitals. If I need to get blood work or tests done there, I still dislike it and act out like a child. Gotta get over that fear.

As of right now, I'm beginning to get bloated and gassy, I feel my whole system is messed up.

I'll check back in tomorrow after work.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.