Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant?
tkcr2224
Neophyte
Member # 51539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tkcr2224         Edit/Delete Post 
i had vaginal sex 10 days ago, we used a condom because i am on birth control however i have not been taking it properly and have missed a few pills seeing as i wasn't sexually active for some time. he did not ejaculate but yes i know you can still get pregnant from pre ejaculatory fluid. i'm supposed to get my period in 3 days however i've been having menstrual cramps for the past 2 days which usually never happens to me. i've been told cramping is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy? i'm just wondering what else could be causing this?
Posts: 11 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only reliable sign of pregnancy is a positive pregnancy test. Cramping can be caused by all sorts of things, and it's possible that missing a few pills could be the culprit here - that can throw your body out of whack a bit. Cramping can also start a few days before a period arrives, so that could also be it (even if you personally haven't experienced it before).

Are you comfortable with the pill as a method of birth control? Condoms offer excellent protection when used properly, but if you want, we can talk about hormonal options you can use in addition to condoms that don't involve taking a pill every day.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.