Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » advice for little neighbor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advice for little neighbor
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
So my neighbor who is 12 almost 13 has a boyfriend. He respects her so much so if she doesnt want to do anything he wont fource her. Whish is a really good thing. Well she called me crying saying she did something really stupid and regrets it. She let him finger her. She says she liked it but is experessing negative thoughts in the same way. I told her that her feelings are normal that she is confused because she was so young. I told her her that its ok to like what happened and but feel scared that it happened when she is not even 13. I talked to her about STDs how to make sure you talk with your partner before you have sex. That if a guy cant respect your morals then he is not your time and energy. I gave her the example of me not wanting sex before marriage. I told her what sex was and what oral and hand job was. I asked her if his penis was near her vigina and she said no. I told her the only way to get pregnant is if that happenes. I told her not to even do oral sex. I went on and said that there are a lot of young girls out there who have a kid and that its very hard to have a life and go to school when you do have one at that young age. SO i guess I am feeling bad that I gave her the talk but glad I did. She grew up in a very unstable household with her mom cheating on her dad and now marring her dads cousin. Long story its been like this one and off for years now. She said that I am the only one she can trust besides her boyfriend. She said I was like her sister. I have always been there for her, even tho she gets mad and sometimes shoves me out of her life but she always ends up coming back. So am i ok to be feeling ok that I talked to her and feel bad at the same time?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

any ideas how else I can help her?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you gave your neighbor some great info. Would you like to talk about why you're feeling bad about this?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, we ask users not to bump posts when it's been under 48 hours, as it can take that long for us to reply. If it's been more than 48 hours without a reply, feel free to bump.

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

yes I would and I am sorry, i just had to add the last thing since i forogt to put it when i first wrote the post. ya why do i feel so bad about giving ehr the info? Could it be that i am not her mother or real sister?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Well, plenty of people get their sex education from places that aren't their siblings or parents. For example, I got mine a little bit from school and a lot of it from Scarleteen and my own research, which began when I was 22. For some people, their parents or siblings can actually be the worst place to get that factual info - as all parents and siblings are all individuals. Some may be clueless about it themselves, some may be even deliberately withholding factual, judgement-free information about sexuality and sexual relationships or passing on misinformation by accident or deliberately. So, other sources for sex and relationships education are always valid.

In terms of you helping your neighbor find the good stuff, how about suggesting this website, eh? [Smile]

[ 09-04-2012, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Rei ]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.