Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » sincer post

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sincer post
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post 
So idk what happened to my last post. I am writting this because I am sorry for crossing boundries and making asumptions that are not true. I have been told many times about the limitations and I know that. I have a hard time with my disability. I want you to know that I am working extra hard. I am sorry for the hurtfull things I have said. I know I was wrong. I am going to use other resources besides this one. I will still use this but I wont depend on it as my sole support. I am going to counseling on the 4th. I am really excited and cant wait. I am sorry for what I have done. I just need a sensitive aproch if thats ok and if not thats fine as well. I hope my post and appology is accepted and that people are able to understand where I am coming from. Once again I am sorry and I will really try my best to work with what I have been told. Thanks for everything.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

I'm really happy to hear that you'll be going to counselling on the fourth. By all means, please do tell us how it went if you would like to.

I'm not sure if you've done this already, but I'm thinking it might be helpful for you to write down a list of your resources, so that when things get bad or overwhelming you'll be able to look at that list, slow your thoughts down, and think about how best to get yourself the help you need at that moment.

Also, you've referred to your disability many times. You certainly don't have to do this, but since you have referred to it and it's impact on what you do at any given time, it would be helpful for us to know how that works for you. Again, it's up to you whether you want to share anything about your disability, but since it seems to loom large in your life, perhaps you could enlighten us a little? [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

with noonans syndrome I have heart desease. I have server scoliosis, deyled brain develpoment. I have LD which is learning disorder. With my social skills i do not know boundries like when to and when not to e mail someone or text and want to hang with them. Also when someone does nto reply to me in a while i feel like they are mad at me. If someone is having a bad day I automaticly think its me who made them have a bad day when in reality its not. I know the fact thar they arent mad at me i cant help but feel like they are. I also look and act younger then I am. I am 19 and act and look like a 14 year old. Does any of that make sense? On how and why my posts and replies are the way they are. I will def. let you know how my apt goes on the 4th. :) Any other questions please feel free to ask at any time.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

with noonans syndrome I have heart desease. I have server scoliosis, deyled brain develpoment. I have LD which is learning disorder. With my social skills i do not know boundries like when to and when not to e mail someone or text and want to hang with them. Also when someone does nto reply to me in a while i feel like they are mad at me. If someone is having a bad day I automaticly think its me who made them have a bad day when in reality its not. I know the fact thar they arent mad at me i cant help but feel like they are. I also look and act younger then I am. I am 19 and act and look like a 14 year old. Does any of that make sense? On how and why my posts and replies are the way they are. I will def. let you know how my apt goes on the 4th. :) Any other questions please feel free to ask at any time.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

sorry didnt mean to post two of the same response my computer was being dumb

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

Have you been able to get any support with your learning disabilities? Are you working with the disability services at your school? I can understand that these challenges you have make it pretty difficult for you to handle social interactions. It's also something you can work on with a good professional.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

no I have not and i am working on getting help at the school. Ya its VERY hard for me to have social interactions. I feel bad that I am so awkward but its not my fault. It makes it hard to talk to people. So I am sorry :(

--------------------
Im always abandond

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi There,

I know yu were really looking forward to finally being able to get some counselling and wanted to check in on how it went today.

So, how did it go?

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

It went really good. I really like her and feel like I can open up to her and be honest. She was very nice and caring. I am looking forward to be meeting with her. :)

--------------------
Im always abandond

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.