Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » STRESSED OUT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STRESSED OUT
Rachelp123
Neophyte
Member # 96832

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Rachelp123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm 18 years old and I'm still a virgin but my boyfriend and I do "fool around" every once in a while, the last time we did was on July 28th which was the day after I ended my last period. I have a period tracker on my phone and I was scheduled to start On August 24th and I still haven't started so I'm 6 days late. My period tracker is hardly ever right though because my period is RARELY ever regular and how long it last varies from 4 days to 8 day, but I'm the type of person that kind of freaks out about things so my obvious worry is: "Could I be pregnant?" I know that it is HIGHLY unlikely that I could be because the last time my boyfriend and I did stuff he never ejaculated, there was only pre-cum but we've been trying to remember everything that happened and in what order and we're pretty sure that he may have touched his penis before he fingered me...I know this all probably sounds really stupid because 1, it's extremely difficult to get pregnant from pre-cum and 2, we didn't even have sex. But like I said I'm the type of person that tends to freak out about things. And I've probably freaked out about this same thing 2 other times in my life. I looked up some other reasons why my period could be late and I found that stress or a change of schedule could cause it.... well, I just started my first year in college and although I'm still living at home and going to a community college for the first two years it's still a pretty big schedule change because I don't have the same classes everyday and I'm on a different sleeping schedule than I was in middle school and high school. Also, my boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half and we've pretty much been with each other every day since we started dating and he just moved to Orlando about a week and a half ago to go to college at UCF. So that's a pretty big change for me and also I feel stressed out for him and myself a lot because he's in really hard classes and I know he's having to work his butt off and I'm taking 17 credit hours at the college so a big change has gone on in my life over the past few weeks, not to mention I've been stressing about not starting my period. He's coming into town tomorrow though, so I'm hoping that maybe being with him will kind of calm me down and maybe I'll start while he's here for the weekend. But we've been talking and we decided that I might just take a pregnancy test while he's here this weekend just so we can make ourselves feel a little better because I know this is bothering him too, and if by some chance I am pregnant then I guess I'll just have to get an abortion :/ SO yeah, I'm pretty much just looking for some reassurance and someone to make me feel better and give me some advice so I don't have to worry about this anymore! :(
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rachel, welcome to ST. Have you seen this thread yet?
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

Why don't you start there, and come on back if you have further questions.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.