Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confirmation for Self-Assessment regarding Pregnancy!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confirmation for Self-Assessment regarding Pregnancy!
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 4 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again! I know you guys don't want people asking "am I pregnant?" anymore and you want them to assess their risks for themselves. I've read through all of the links provided by you guys and I'm 99% sure that I cannot be pregnant based off of what I did, but I was just wondering if I could get a "yes or no" confirmation.

1) I was giving my boyfriend oral sex. He was nude and I was fully clothed (T-shirt, underwear, shorts). He ejaculated onto himself. I got up, washed my hands, and gave him some paper towels to clean himself up. Based on the information the links on this website provide, because no ejaculate came into contact with my bare vulva and there was no direct genital contact, I cannot be pregnant because of this. Is this correct?

2) My boyfriend and I were fooling around when he decided to finger me. He said he had not touched himself at all, but just to be safe, I had him wipe his hands off on the blanket we were lying on. Because he wiped his hands before inserting a finger inside me, I cannot be pregnant because there wouldn't be any sperm on his hands. Is this correct?

3) I was making out with my boyfriend, I fully clothed, he only in underwear. I reached inside his underwear and held him for a few seconds, then gave him oral sex without making him ejaculate, so there was only pre-ejaculate. I had placed my hands on the bed during the time I gave him oral sex. Afterwards, I got up to go to the bathroom and touched myself on my vulva, but not near my actual vaginal opening. Because, at the most, I touched a little pre-ejaculate and not ejaculate, and then afterwards put my hands on the bed before touching myself, the transfer was very indirect and I should therefore not be pregnant. Is this correct?

Thanks for your time!

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, you're right on all three counts! [Smile]

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9003 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much! I've been so panicked and worried about this and unable to sleep because of it.

The thing is though, even though logically I know I have close to 0 chance of getting pregnant, I'm still really scared that somehow, because of one of these 3 situations, I've ended up pregnant. We also have dry sex a lot, but there has always been at least 3 layers of fabric between us (underwear and shorts for me, underwear for him). It's not possible I could have gotten pregnant from that, is it?

I have this pregnancy scare because, as I mentioned in a different post, my breasts have been much more tender and swollen recently than they have ever been. I've read this can be a symptom of pregnancy so I've been freaking out. My mom says it's normal for girls to sometimes get these unusually sore and painful breasts every now and again, but I didn't tell her this worried me because I thought I might be pregnant.

Do I REALLY have anything to worry about? Do you have any advice for how to calm down? Should I take a pregnancy test anyway just in case?

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pocket_mouse! The information provided in the links in the other thread includes everything you need to be able to figure out for yourself whether you could get pregnant from the dry sex you've been having [Smile]

You can, of course, take a pregnancy test if you want, if you are still very worried about this and think that taking a test will help to calm your nerves. That is always an option you have if you feel that it would help you.

There is an article provided in the other thread, called "pregnancy scared?" that includes information about how to try to calm yourself down. Did you read that article? What did you think of the things it suggested?

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Onionpie! Yeah, I've read all of those articles, including "Pregnancy Scared", and I know that based on the information there, I cannot be pregnant. My concern is that there may be a hole in my memory. Like maybe some clothing slipped or some other sexual incident happened that I can't remember or something.

Do you believe I have any reason to take a pregnancy test?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a reason you would think there'd be a hole in your memory?

Ultimately, it's not up to us to decide whether you should take a pregnancy test. [Smile] We've told you that your self-assessment is correct based on the information you've given us. If you think that information is inaccurate, then you can certainly take a pregnancy test. Taking a pregnancy test never hurts anything. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Well the only reason I would think so is because my memory is not the best, quite frankly [Frown] I'm fairly certain of these details because I've been going over them over and over again with my boyfriend since the incidents themselves happened, but I'm just a worrier by nature.

If I did take a pregnancy test, when would you guess is the earliest I could take one? I think these incidents all occurred roughly a week and a half ago, give or take a few days.

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pocket_mouse. I'm unsure of what you're asking here -- if you have forgotten something, we certainly have no idea of what it is you've forgotten, so we have no way of knowing whether you've forgotten a possible pregnancy risk or not. I'm afraid there really is no more information we can give you -- our answer is not going to change. You have the information from those articles necessary to decide for yourself whether you've had a risk or not, taking into account any lapse in memory, or not.

Information on pregnancy tests and when to take them is also included in those articles in the link. The earliest you can take a pregnancy test is 14 days after a potential risk, or after you have missed a period.

Posts: 1182 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Thanks!

I had another question. If my period doesn't come (it's meant to come in a few days), but the breast tenderness issue that I have continues, can I safely say that it will just be coming late or will be missing due to stress/other factors?

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Hi pocket_mouse. Unfortunately we can't really say, as it's really not something that can be easily predicted, even by a doctor. You absolutely may miss your period due to stress, but we really have no idea whether it will be missed, whether your breast tenderness will continue or not, or anything. If your breast tenderness DOES continue for longer than usual -- whether you get your period or not -- it might be a good idea to check in with a doctor anyway, as any new symptom should be checked by a doctor. But that's all I can really say, I'm afraid. All you can do is try to calm down and wait for your period to show up [Smile]
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Hi Onionpie!

Thanks for being so patient with me [Smile] It really means a lot and I really appreciate it.

I think I juuuuuust started to get my period a few moments ago though. Is it normal for a period to not start off very heavy?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That can certainly happen, yep. Often periods will start off fairly light and get heavier over the next few days.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Thanks! I was just asking because usually my periods start off quite heavy.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not every cycle will be exactly the same, and our bodies don't always do exactly what we expect. [Smile]

[ 08-26-2012, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.