Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » milky white discharge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: milky white discharge?
owls
Neophyte
Member # 96694

Icon 11 posted      Profile for owls         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest, I'm somewhat embarrassed to even be asking about this.

Earlier today, I was showering, and noticed a dot of a milky white fluid on my left nipple. I've heard that sebum, if thats right, can block up pores in and around the nipple, and has the same consistency as pus from a pimple or something. Anyway, this fluid was just that... Fluid. It wasnt thick or solid-like, or anything of the sort.

I had my period late July/early August, and am not due for my next period for a while.

My boyfriend and I use condoms regularly, but sometimes after things get going. Meaning, precum has not been something thaf we usually worry about.

To get to the point, I'm not really sure what this means. The fluid only comes out of the left side, as far as I can tell, and it's only a pin sized amount. On top of that, it will only come out if a large amount of pressure is applied, and I squeeze pretty hard.

This hasn't ever happened before, and to my knowledge, it is way too early to take a pregnancy test, so I'm sort of stuck at the moment.

Is there a possibility that I may be pregnant? Or, is something like this common? Or is it something else?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi owls, welcome to scarleteen! While some people do experience discharge from their nipples sometimes (and aren't pregnant), it's always a good idea to talk to your doctor if your body starts doing something it didn't used to do! Sometimes sudden nipple discharge can be a symptom of something else going on, so it'd be good to double check with your doctor.

To find out whether you've had any pregnancy risk or not, we ask that you please visit all of the links in this thread: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html
Those links include all of the information you need to assess your own risk of pregnancy [Smile]

[ 08-25-2012, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.