Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Yellow-brownish smelly/slimy/gooey Discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yellow-brownish smelly/slimy/gooey Discharge
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've looked into sexual health clinics and they are opening a new one in the area I live, but it doesn't open till mid September and I need to see someone. I don't feel comfortable going to a walk in clinic for this issue. It's like 2 and half weeks from now till it opens but I really shouldn't wait that long to see someone. I've been ignoring it for 2 months and I figured it would, go away, but it didn't.

I know it's bad, I'm not dumb. From what other sexual health nurses have said, which didn't apply to me then, now it does.

I dislike having to wear pantie liners due to this issue. At night I wear underwear, during the day a thong with a pantie liner. I was having discharge and wearing thongs made my pants smell and I don't like underwear in less while I'm sleeping.

At first the discharge was had a yellow tint to the liner. 2 hours I go back to the washroom, it's brighter and brown tinted with the bright yellow. It's also ichy and burns sometimes. I get, brown discharge can mean old period blood. How can I still have old period blood when I finished my period 2-3 weeks ago? I'm not on birth control.

It's very very, I mean very slippery and gooey. when I took it off, a part of it touched me and I had slim crap on my hand/arm... the smell is just horrific. I was in the store a few days ago, I was going to buy a over-the-counter yeast infection medication, in till I read the box... from there I could no longer ignore this.

So today went searching for a clinic and there are some, just it would take me an hour or more to get there on a bus.

A doctor gave me an anti-biotic due to I had an infection in my urine, he neglected to tell me what infection. I had to find out by the pharmacist and I still didn't understand, then I looked up the medication Apo-Doxy 100mg twice daily for 7 days, I took this 2 months ago, thinking whatever I had would go away. The only thing I found related to my pee and bladder is; cystitis and sexually transmitted infection. Both have to do with sexual intercourse of what the medication is used for.

This may sound a little gross... but, when I wipe my urine is bright yellow but I'm also taking B 100 and B 12 and from what I've been told it makes your pee bright yellow, some days my pee is clear and tolite paper is yellow. So, I stuck a Q-tip there, around my clitoris and looked, then inside the second hole, and somehow stuck it in my urine hole, and I used separate Q-tips and all were yellow, bright yellow and slimy. I thought maybe it would help make it go away or reduce the yellow and brown discharge.

I've had these same symptoms for 2 months now. I also thought after my period it would go away, instead my last period, the tampons were slimy/gooey and the blood was very light, like a pinky-orange colour.

[ 08-29-2012, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Alergnon ]

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, to add- after I pee, it burns extremely horrible and with that burning has a itch which makes it more painful. The burning and itching feels like it's coming from the area of my clitoris and around my second hole.
Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alergnon,

Since this is getting worse, not better, you need to be seen as soon as possible by a health care practitioner. Can you get to one of the sexual health clinics you found this week? Alternatively, you may have to just swallow your embarrassment and go to a walk-in clinic. WE often think of walk-in clinics as being only for colds and things like that, but really, they're for anything that is acute and needs to be treated right away.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I may just go to a clinic... I'll look at the hours and if one is opened till the evening or something I will go, I'm finished my work Friday so if one is opened in the evening, I will bike there, if not, I will go Monday.
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay found one, hell of a bike ride there, gotta say. Tomorrow they're opened till 8pm Friday they're open till 5pm. I've been to walk-in-clinic and from where I used to live, I took a bus to one, got there, and they closed, they said, the doctor took care of, so he left, he was suppose to be there for another 2 hours, but he left early. That was when I needed EC. So, I'm a bit, scared to get off work at 4pm and take a 40 minute (which would be an hour bike ride) bike ride there and no one is there... then what? File a report for poor medical assistance that were suppose to still be there for anyone?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear you had that bad experience. One thing you can do, which certainly won't guarantee anything, but you could call before you leave just to confirm that they'll be open when you get there.

It's vitally important that you get medical care, so from where I sit it's worth the risk, and if it comes to needing to file a report, that's what you'll do.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Okay. I'm hoping I'll get work done early today to head there, also to drop something off on the way.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Best of luck...

--------------------
Robin

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.