Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » ovarian cyst and pregnancy risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ovarian cyst and pregnancy risk
dayumx
Neophyte
Member # 96500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dayumx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a late period of about a week and have almost ruled out pregnancy, i did have sex with my boyfriend once about 2/3 weeks ago but we used both a condom and the withdrawel method well in advance of ejactculation, he has also never ejaculated near my gentials , i have had constant back aches and some abmdomen pains in the past week but no sign of period, and one day about a week ago i got a stabbing pain in my abmdomen after urinating, it felt as if my appendix or something had burst but it went away gradually, i am wondering could i have an ovarian cyst and this may be causing my late period or could i indeed be pregnant?
Posts: 2 | From: new york | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi dayumx and welcome to Scarleteen!

Are abdominal and back aches typical for you prior to your period?

Any sort of severe pain really needs to be checked out by a doctor. Since you had that one bout of severe pain, and you're still having aches, I'd suggest going ahead and giving your doctor a call and making an appointment, or going to a clinic if you don't have a doctor you see regularly. We can help you find medical care in your area if you don't already have access to it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dayumx
Neophyte
Member # 96500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dayumx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lower back aches are very normal for my period, but it is late now and the pain has been consistant for quite a few days . i am afraid to go to my doctor before i am certain im not pregnant so would that be a risk?
Posts: 2 | From: new york | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does not sound like you had a pregnancy risk, but I am also not sure why you would be afraid to see your doctor if you had had a risk? Can you explain what you are concerned about here?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.