Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Hymen Time!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hymen Time!
meg4756
Neophyte
Member # 96378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meg4756     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a new question.
I am a virgin but still very sexual with my boyfriend. Recently, I've been curious about hymens, or "having your cherry popped"
Literally, until a few days ago, i figured the hymen was deep inside of you because it never had "popped" for me. my mind was blown when i actually used freaking google and realized it's at the opening. so dumb. *face palm*
but I cannot for the life of me tell if i have mine still, or if it's ripped or not or whatever. I've looked at pictures (real and cartoons :0) and I've used a mirror and everything. i just seriously can't tell. I've been fingered before with at least 2 fingers, and one time i used a vibrator (kind of just to see if it'd fit, which it did fine but it was tight). when i used the vibrator however, it was not in rough sexual motions, i literally just kind of stuck it in for a while, maybe moved it around a bit, and took it out. nothing felt like it tore. but it was a normal penis size one.
I've never had any bleeding at all except my period, or really any pain besides it being too tight. i can't recall any experience that would even be close to the pain it would be when it tears.
Is it possible is still hasn't torn yet after all that?? Or that I even don't have one? or does it usually take a normal sex session with a large penis to actually tear it?
so embarrassing, but thanks.

Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hymen (we now actually call it the corona) does not tend to tear all at once. It's a very thin, very stretchy membrane, and it tends to wear away over time with menstruation, hormone changes and general activity. For most women, the hymen is already partially or mostly worn away by the time they become sexually active, so there is nothing to tear or hurt. Even if the hymen is still partially intact, vaginal entry shouldn't hurt or bleed: the hymen itself doesn't have any nerve ending.

Here is an article that explains this more in depth:
My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg4756
Neophyte
Member # 96378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meg4756     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was a really helpful article, i don't feel so dumb anymore. Thank you!
Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.