Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Is it normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it normal?
SummerLovin05
Neophyte
Member # 96371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SummerLovin05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is weird for me, because I don't ever feel comfortable enough to ask questions like this. But it's been an issue for a few years and I want to know if it's a normal thing, or if I should be concerned. Or simply why it's happening.
So, I want to know why I can't orgasm. Like, I've asked my mom, my friends mom, my therapist, and none have been able to give me a straight answer. They just tell me to keep masturbating- which I do. Still nothing's happened. I've been sexually active for a few years now, and all of my "endeavors" have ended up great for the person I'm with, just not for me. I've had to learn how to fake it, but it feels mean and it's just a bunch of work. And I want to know if this is a medical issue or if it's not even an issue at all. If this happens with everyone. People keep saying sex is great, but so far... I've yet to see how.

Posts: 1 | From: Somewhere in the Universe | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi SummerLovin05, welcome to scarleteen! Sorry to hear you're having a frustrating time with this. I think the reason nobody was able to give you a "straight" answer is because it's hard to know what's going on with someone else's body. We can only really make educated guesses. To keep on masturbating is the best bet, but since none of them are your doctors they can't actually know if anything medical is going on or not (and we can't really either).

However, keeping on masturbating is only one half of the equation -- have you tried changing up HOW you masturbate? Stimulating different parts of your genitals, and different parts of your body as a whole as well, using vibrators/toys, trying different sexual fantasies while you masturbate, etc? Here are some articles that may be able to help you more:
Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
The Clitoris, The Vagina, and Orgasm: Feelings and Frameworks
Why Can't I Orgasm?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.