Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Why am I bleeding after 2 days of having unprotected sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why am I bleeding after 2 days of having unprotected sex?
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really worried.... My last period started on June 7 and ended June 11. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on June 14. He never ejaculated inside of me and I know that there's sperm in precum but he urinated before his erection. Well a day later (June 15), I randomly start bleeding. I mean I can smell the blood. It's enough to be considered the end of a light period (not very light but light). Then today, i have light brown discharge. Could I be pregnant? If not, what's going on with me?
Posts: 12 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Strideforeverlove9 and welcome to Scarleteen!

I see that you've posted this question twice. I'll address it here, okay?

The bleeding is definitely not a sign of pregnancy.

I'm not really sure why you started bleeding. Sometimes, a period can actually stop for a few days, then start up again. Sometimes bleeding can be from irritation caused by too much friction during vaginal intercourse. Sometimes people spot between periods. It's likely that this isn't anything to worry about too much, but is probably worth mentioning to your doctor next time you go, and just generally keeping an eye on things to see if it happens again.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strideforeverlove9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I have nothing to worry about really? Could the bleeding be caused by something more serious such as a STI? What are the chances of becoming pregnant from precum? Also, what is the best type of birth control pill? And what are somethings I should ask my gyno?
Posts: 12 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, bleeding can be an STI symptom, so it's best to get fully tested as soon as possible.

If your partner withdrew way before they ejaculated, you have used what's called the The Withdrawal Method perfectly, meaning you were 96% protected against pregnancy. However, you can still take emergency contraception (Plan B) to reduce that risk if you wanted to; but it's the sooner the better, so if you wanted to take it, I'd take it now.

There are two types of birth control pills, minipills and combination pills. Here's some info on them so you can choose whichever you think would suit you best:

The Combination Pill and Minipills

Remember, those are just some of the options available to you. For choosing a method of contraception, check it out: Birth Control Bingo!

You can ask your GYN anything about your sexual or reproductive health; but STI testing is a great place to start, after you take emergency contraception if you want that. Then you can ask your GYN and/or us any questions you have about choosing a method of contraception.

[ 06-17-2012, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Rei ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Since the withdrawal method is 96% effective, that would mean I'm most likely not pregnant then, right?

Also, could oral sex cause a yeast infection?

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever we have any kind of sex that could lead to pregnancy, there is some risk of pregnancy occurring. Your risk, with what you described, is low.

Oral sex isn't known to cause yeast infections, but it can transmit other bacteria which can contribute to irritation or infection. Here's some more information about yeast infections.

Yeast Infections

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strideforeverlove9
Neophyte
Member # 96051

Thank you so much for your help [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.