Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I need assurance!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need assurance!
skyblue9876
Neophyte
Member # 96071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skyblue9876         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were fooling around the other night.. we both had underware and shorts on. We pretty much noticed right away when he ejaculated.. and got up immediately. I noticed I was wet on my shorts... but not even near my vagina. I think I touched it absentmindedly and then proceeded to do some other things, like pull my hair up and pick up some random objects around the room. About 5 minutes later, I went to the bathroom. I cant remember if I touched the wet spot again, but I wiped myself after going pee.

Can sperm be viable on clothing after 5 minutes? And if I touched it, was there any chance the sperm could have come in contact with my vagina when I wiped myself? I was on day 18 of my cycle when this happened. So I dont think there is even any chance of getting pregnant, but I just need my mind put at rest.

Posts: 3 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI skyblue9876 and welcome to scarleteen!

Have you seen this thread yet? If not, can you please take a look, then come back with any questions or concerns you still have?

Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

Thanks. And just to clarify, a person can potentially be fertile on any day of her cycle. There are some days when a person is more fertile than others, but there are no days when someone is guaranteed not to be fertile.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skyblue9876
Neophyte
Member # 96071

Yes! That did help a lot.

But I did notice that it said, "once the semen is dry" there is no possible chance of transfer.

It was not dry, but it definitely was not soaking wet. Even thought I touched it.. it couldn't be passed when I was wiping myself?

Posts: 3 | From: MA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It really takes direct contact for there to be any significant risk of pregnancy. Once semen or pre-ejaculate gets on clothes, or on hands, it really becomes practically impossible for it to create a pregnancy risk. Think of it this way: if it has to make any stops between penis and vagina, the sperm in the semen really isn't going to be viable any longer.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You may also find this article helpful in evaluating what is and is not a pregnancy risk.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

skyblue9876
Neophyte
Member # 96071

Okay. Thank you. Definitely helpful.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.