Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!
houlden
Neophyte
Member # 96007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for houlden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend were naked. Dangerous I know, but we have both decided not to have sex. I gave him a blowjob, and he came in my mouth. I swallowed it, and then he wiped off the tip. Afterward we made out. Could I possibly be pregnant?

I talked to him about it, and he tried to reassure me, but all the message boards on the internet have freaked me out. He said that he is certain that he wiped it some off he knows. He also said that most sperm die with contact with air.

Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, this does not pose a pregnancy risk. It does pose an STI risk, though. Now that you are having sex, have you considered using protection to make it safer? Have you or your boyfriend had STI screenings?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
houlden
Neophyte
Member # 96007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for houlden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You! We are NOT having sex, but do you think the screening would still be necessary even though neither of us has ever been with anyone else.
Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clear something up here, while you may not have had intercourse, you have had sex. Blowjobs are something called oral sex. And while it's less likely, you will still want to be tested for STIs because some of them can be passed without sexual contact. (Like herpes are often passed during childhood as cold sores). So it's best to just be safe and have the test done.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.