Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Worried.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried.
Keshia_W
Neophyte
Member # 96033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keshia_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi.my name is keshia and im a lil worried, me and my boyfriend has had unprotected sex about 5times and no this is not a pregnancy scare. a little after the first contact we had before we actually had sex my vagina felt weird then went back to normal so i didnt think it was a problem then we started actually having sex and thats where the weird stuff began. One time it just felt irritated and then it stopped but this week my discharge smell weird like not normal its the normal milky white not thick, it doesnt itch, my vagina is red , it just smell very different and its not a good smell should i go get tested if so iam going to do

--------------------
KeshiaWalker

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keshia_W
Neophyte
Member # 96033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keshia_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CON: as soon as possible my partner my one and only partner said hes been tested but i have no proff of that and im a lil worried because my vagina has never done that.

--------------------
KeshiaWalker

Posts: 5 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI KeshiaWalker and welcome to Scarleteen.

If your discharge does smell dramatically different, that is a sign that you need to get things checked out. Unusual discharge is a symptom of some STIs, but is also a symptom of other infections. Regardless of what it is, the sooner you get it checked out the more likely it is to be easily treated.

Here's some more info on vaginal discharge.

Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keshia_W
Neophyte
Member # 96033

its not a mild change its just different and the smell is also i read it can be not so fresh some days but that can just be because a change everything is normal do you think i should still get checked ?

--------------------
KeshiaWalker

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long has it been smelling different? Is it an unpleasant smell?

Did you have a chance to read the article? If so, does the smell, texture, or colour of the discharge rsemble any of the things the article says to watch out for?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keshia_W
Neophyte
Member # 96033

its on and off like weeks apart ,yes i read it all and it doesnt match any of the bad discharge, its just a weird smell

--------------------
KeshiaWalker

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unprotected sex poses risks of both STIs and pregnancy, so I'd really encourage you to get a full STI screening and a gyn exam as soon as possible. If you want some help finding a provider to get that care, happy to look around for you.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5768 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.