Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Distraction during "pleasuring"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Distraction during "pleasuring"
FantasyGirl
Neophyte
Member # 95986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, well I'm a 17 year old virgin....I've been dating my first boyfriend for about 6 months....and have been....sexually exploring each other....
The other month we were in his room, kissing and touching and we decided I should try giving him a hand job....it was ok for about five minutes.
Then I my mind started to wonder- what's the time? When did I hand in that history essay?
I mean I got bored....is that normal???
we tried again a couple of nights ago and the same thing happened....
I just zone out- and twice now he's had to finishe by himself - I feel bad....any help would be appreciated.....

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi FantasyGirl and welcome to Scarleteen.

When it comes to being sexually active wit a partner, there are always going to be things that one partner or the other can't do, doesn't like to do, doesn't want to do, etc. This is normal. We're all human and have individual likes, needs, wants, and abilities. When two individuals get together, sometimes these likes, needs, wants and abilities aren't going to mesh. That's where communication comes in.

There's no law that says any person has to perform a sexual activity on any other person until that person is finished. It's also pretty normal for a partner to do the things that will ultimately give them an orgasm, since they're the one who knows what their body likes.

So, bottom line, this is normal and you're absolutely okay.

How do you feel/what do you think reading this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FantasyGirl
Neophyte
Member # 95986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FantasyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I feel guilty afterwards....I mean he clearly enjoys it
But just today when he tried to initiate manual sex I said no kissed him and he seemed fine with it....
I just feel s guilty for not enjoying it- I really care about him and want to make him happy....

Thank you- for reading and not judging.

Posts: 8 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No judgment here. [Smile]

Making your partner happy is good, but you've also gotta make yourself happy. A relationship is give and take. It sounds like you were both happy today. That's a very healthy, mutually respectful interaction you describe. No one wants sexual activity all the time; it's wonderful that your partner respects and is comfortable with that. It may be hard to believe but one day you'll probably be in the same position, of asking him for something and him turning you down. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

None of us can make anyone else in our lives "happy" 100% of the time. Perhaps you could think of (and you don't have to share them here unless it would help to) some ways that you know you do make him happy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FantasyGirl
Neophyte
Member # 95986

Thank you.....I know this may sound odd but I think I'll make a list.....seeing things in writing helps my mind work...
thank you so much just for putting my mind at rest...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.