Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Chance From Masturbation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Chance From Masturbation?
reallyworred910
Neophyte
Member # 96161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reallyworred910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

I sort of have two questions here, so please bare with me.

My mom is in her late 40s and my dad is in his early 50s. My mom told me tonight she thinks she might be pregnant. She said that she is either having a late period or has miscalculated her due dates as she plots them on a calendar each month.

It was very embarrassing but I asked if they had "been there" and actually had sex recently, to which she replied yes. She also said neither of them used any contraception. I thought she was on the pill but she said she stopped 2 years ago or so. That's all I know, and it's a bit awkward to ask any more about what happened.

Now this isn't much of an issue in itself, I've grown up around a younger sibling so it wouldn't be too hard to readjust to being around a baby. I'm nearly 20 and my sibling is 8.5.

So the reason I am posting here is that I am actually fairly worried that the potential pregnancy could be due to me. Please note my mom and I have *never* had any sexual relations so this is not a case of incest.

I have however masturbated quite frequently over the past year, doing it pretty much every night before bed. I try to ask for privacy in my room, however my mom will quite often come in to my room to make my bed or take my dirty washing. Could she have somehow picked up some semen from when she was making my bed or taking my dirty clothes?

I know this sounds completely stupid and I am trying to reassure myself, however I guess hearing it from someone else would make me feel better.

Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reallyworred, have you seen this article yet? I think this should clear up your concerns:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.