Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » scared i might be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared i might be pregnant?
marissax
Neophyte
Member # 96045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marissax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am 16 and my boyfriend is 17. i am still a virgin and i take birth control for my irregular periods. 3 days ago, me and my boyfriend started making out and touching. i gave him a handjob and i don't remember if he had semen come out or if it was on my hands. i am sure he didn't ejaculate because he did that way after we did all of this. well, i touched myself after and i am scared if he actually did have semen on his penis and i touched my vagina with it. i heard all about no sex means no pregnancy but, i am thinking about how sperm is in semen and it somehow got in my vagina. i am still not sure if he actually had semen on his penis though. i am stressing out and i don't want to delay my period and make me even more scared. could i get pregnant from this?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi marissax,

Did you have a chance to read the information and articles linked in the other thread?

As you will read in those articles, it takes direct contact between bare genitals (not just vaginal intercourse but also rubbing or anal intercourse) for there to be any risk of pregnancy.

What came out of your boyfriend's penis was pre-ejaculate, which doesn't in itself have sperm in it, but which can sometimes pick up sperm that is hanging out in the urethra from a previous ejaculation. However, even if there was sperm in the pre-ejaculate, when thereis transfer to a hand or anything else, then to a vulva, there really isn't a viable risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.