Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » help im scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help im scared
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello I'm extremely worried I was with my fiancee for 3 yrs and for the 2 yrs we were active we always used condoms and I was tested for stds even tho he said he was a virgin and didn't even noe how to put it in also.he didn't really to ppl so I wasn't worried about std n I got an iud this march and throughout march we had condomless sex I.didn't have symptoms or anything we broke up in beg of April.bcuz he was a liar so I got worried Nd went.to gyno bcuz I was afraid they didn't take the HIV test but did some swab test on cervix for gonorrhea nd another STD after he did my swab for pap smear
I never recved a call from them and in mid April I hooked up w. A guy he went down on me and. I did.on him he didn't have any sores or anything and said he.got.tested in Feb and was fine and hasn't been w. Anyone till me.but we only had oral but previously he had 12 partners and.only 3 he.sad.he.didn't use condom on but he got.tested after and has never contracted anything a week ago I gave in blood for HIV and othaven't got my answers yet but I have 2 pimples on my vagina they don't look like sores or anything look pinky pimples they don't hurt one is by the top of my lip on the mons near.the.beginningof my lips the.otr one is where the lips.begin they are.opposite ea other.they don't hurt feel like.pimples when u press on them don't hurt, one is bigger than other cuz one I had longer they don't Real.itch bcuz my mons always itches but if u.scratch em hard they sting now I have laser hair removal on my vagina Nd I haven't hooked up w. Him since mid April.so its been about a month.and.he said.he got tested after me and.him and. Was clean now my vagina is always wet and I.do touch it a lot I.fall asleep.after masturbating.g.nd it stays wet all night idk what it is and I'm.scared Monday my blood wrk shod b ready but I know. Valid HIV test shld be done 3 months after but w.e what do u think this is I'm sry the typing is weird I'm typing.on touch screen , the pimples started after my blood test was taken if not slightly before n I have been under a lot of stress n the guy I hooked up w. Told me all his info first I didn't have to ask also he's pretty healthy oh and I had all 3 gardasil vaccines yrs ago and I had intercourse w. Only one man my ex not the rebound hook up who I'm mostly worried about I doubt my ex had anything I was his first gf oh and before I was sexually active sometimes I got pimples on my vagina just so u know so what do u think oh and I don't have any std symptoms Luke weird discharge, painful or burning urination or flu like symptoms

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liiviin, did you ever get examined for an infection, like a yeast infection or BV, or something like an allergy? I ask, because pimples and itching are more likely to be due to that, than an STI.

So by all means, getting tested for STIs regularly is a very smart thing to do. But it sounds like, in this situation, you're due for an exam with your gynecologist so you can discuss those concerns with them.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiiviinLaviidalocaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He gave me medicene for yeast infection and he tested me for it but I didn't get a call back he gave me the pill prophylacticly cuz he didnt think I had it and I took it sometime in April, so u don't think its an STD?

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Posts: 182 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you went to see a doctor about this in April, you did not get any results, and the itching still persists, it's time for another visit to the doctor.

When you are there, you can bring up your concern about STIs again, as well. We can't diagnose you or rule anything out over the internet, so you'll want to just tell the doctor what your concern is, and get a thorough exam done.

[ 05-25-2012, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I didn't go for itching I went for sti screenng n spotting which he fixed I'm saying I got blood wrk done for STDs wldnt that show any if I had them it cnt b genital warts cuz I have the vaccine everything else is tested by blood

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they did a STI screening and everything came back negative that is a good sign.

Since the yeast treatment didn't help the itching though, it sounds like it is time to go back and have them take another look.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

They did only a swab no blood work last week I did the blood work and I'm still waiting for results but the HIV part won't be accurate bcyz it hasn't been 3 months I'm so worried

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, your options are to wait for your results, and/or be seen again about the itching.

Perhaps in the meantime, though, we could talk about how to help you change your sexual habits so that you are protecting yourself from STIs as you can be?

What do you think you need in order to be able to insist on condom use, always, for intercourse and oral sex, and to walk away from sex with someone when and if they don't want to have sex safely like that?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I don't really have an itch only when its real wet down there its the breakouts that scare me and the std response

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

They r all on my skin not really on my vulva some are damn close on the top where the clot is on the skin lips but nothing on the actual vulva and they look like lil pimple bumps can they really be sti's I'm getting my blood work results tomorrow Nd its been 2 months since I last been w. One guy and over a month w. Other guy who I didn't have intercourse w. Can those results be trusted

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most STIs show up in test results after a month or two. When you get the results the doctor will let you know if it's advisable to retest after some more time has gone by. Even if it isn't mentioned, that is a question you can ask. In fact, all of these questions are good questions to ask the doctor or nurse you speak to.

Have these breakouts been examined by your health care provider? That's really the only way to diagnose what they are and whether they are of any concern.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

My pcp is conducting the blood test not my gyno but I'm thinking its only clogged pores cuz it's not on my.vulva I'm sure my blood is clear regardless I'm doing an hi v screening in 2 months after this window period even tho I have no symptoms w.e ill wait till tomorrow

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sounds good. It's probably a good idea to get an examination if the spots don't go away. Perhaps mention it to your PCP and see what they advise?

--------------------
Robin

LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

Ok so I went to see my Dr and my blood work for HIV n syphilis came out non reactive she didn't check for anything else and I showed her the break out on my pubes she said that's not genital warts or anything its just irritation and yeah one more thing I had my period first week of may the wndike around the 4th and I got pink spotting today and the reason why im freaked out is becauses when I'm on the pill im 28 days and that's the only time ever I'm 28 days im naturally irregular 30 to 34 days and its not even 28 days yet given I was stressed this month but still only other time something like this happened was end of march when my first iud period came I spotted 5 days before the onset on my period and the spotting was early but idr the color but it was normal period spotting so yeah what do u think

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still really think it's important not to get stuck just talking about another crisis and avoiding a conversation about how to better prevent them in the future. I'm actually pretty uncomfortable with how you just ignored that suggestion, especially since I think avoiding that is going to assure you keep winding up in this kind of spot, which I assume you don't want.

But I also think you can trust your healthcare provider and what she said here.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiiviinLaviidalocaaa
Activist
Member # 42288

I'm not doing this anymore so im not avoiding anything

--------------------
~*~ Live Laugh Love ~*~

Heather
Member # 3

Okay, do you want to talk about how?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.