Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Messed up on bc.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Messed up on bc.
sleepysheep420
Neophyte
Member # 93239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepysheep420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I skipped about a week of birth control (I'm on Yaz.) and I can't start a new pack or my dad would freak out on me. I'm cramping like I'm on my period and have been having unprotected sex. Can I take two a day until I'm caught up? I once took 5 at the same time and was just in a lot of pain for a few days and then I was fine. Please help.
Posts: 14 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you missed a week of birth control, taking two a day isn't going to make it up. You've also had a pregnancy risk if you have been having intercourse without another method.

For full effectiveness we do suggest starting a new pack. Can you tell us more about your concern about your Dad's reaction?

Here's a whole slew of information about missed and late pills. You'll see here that for people who miss more than three pills we do recommend both starting a new pack and using a back up method. When was the last time you had unprotected sex?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/three_questions_about_taking_the_birth_control_pill_and_plenty_of_answers

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepysheep420
Neophyte
Member # 93239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepysheep420     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. I got a new pack. When should I start and how will it affect my normal cycle (starting a new pack on Sunday, etc.)? Should I start it Sunday so it's kind of the same? My period is in approximately one week. I'll be taking a pregnancy test before my cycle and after I miss it. If I do miss it. The last time I had unprotected sex was almost three days ago. Also, I have had milky white discharge that I can scrape off my lips with my fingernail because it sticks as it dries. I'm discharging fairly heavily. It's almost like soaked toilet paper or something once it starts drying. Is this normal? I've had it before.
I have messed up on my birth control I don't know how many times. I'm sure my hormones are out of whack. I had an exploratory laparoscopy done not too long ago and I have pelvic congestion. I believe I've had a miscarriage but it was never confirmed. I've had unprotected sex after missing bc pills many times and I've never gotten pregnant.
Sorry this is so long. s: I just want answers.

[ 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: sleepysheep420 ]

Posts: 14 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most common times it is suggested to start the birth control pill for the first time(I know you've been on it before but you've had a break)is either on the first day of a period or the Sunday afterwards. Either start date is fine.

Does the discharge you're having smell different from your usual discharge?

With the number of times you've started and stopped the pill, do you think that another birth control method might be more effective for you? WE can definitely talk about your options, or you could go to your doctor to talk about different options.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepysheep420
Neophyte
Member # 93239

I have this problem resolved for the most part... but I take Yaz, and it cleared up my acne when I first took it. Now that I've had a break my cystic acne's come back full-blown. Will it never work for my acne again?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.