Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » toys and condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: toys and condoms
Motek
Neophyte
Member # 57627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I want to put a condom on my small-mid size dildo, but im not sure which kind of condom is safe for it. It is a silicone dildo so I dont want to put a condom on it that is pre-lubed with silicone lube, but im not sure which condoms are prelubed with water based lube and I am having a hard time finding non-lubed condoms where I can just add my own stuff. Do you think you can link me to a place I can buy snugger fit condoms (that will fit a small/medium dildo) that is either lubed with water-based stuff or is non-lubricated?

Thanks!

Posts: 14 | From: Maine | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Water-based lube is the norm when it comes to condoms that have lube already on them: I'm not aware of any condoms which come with silicone lube applied. So, I'd say unless it's otherwise specified somewhere on the packaging, it's safe to assume that any condom will have water-based lube on it.

If you're looking for brands which make snugger fit condoms, this piece is a good place to start: Your Map to the Condom Aisle If you're of an age where it's possible, going to a sex shop and asking for some recommendations from a staff member is also an option.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.