Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!!
ILoveYouBaby19
Neophyte
Member # 94747

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ILoveYouBaby19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok so i had my IUD removed in early March, had my period March 12, on April 14 was my next i should have had my period 2 days ago i took a HPT on May 12 and had a neg result. on the 15 i had a slight positive the second line was so light i could barely see it( i didnt pee as long as it says to on it), ive been having really bad pains in my stomach so i went to ER they tested me for preg with pee it was neg and gave me a transvaginal ultrasound, they dont know whats wrong at ER, i was wonder why they didnt double check with a blood test and if the TVUS could have been done too early to see anything? please answer ASAP im really nervous

[ 05-19-2012, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: ILoveYouBaby19 ]

--------------------
I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence. Theodore Dreiser

Posts: 30 | From: Marion,Ohio | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A blood test is usually only done if there's a need to confirm the results of a urine test, so if the doctor you saw at the ER didn't think the negative result was wrong, it's not surprising they didn't order a blood test. Transvaginal ultrasounds can detect evidence of pregnancy fairly early on, but not immediately: around five weeks is the very earliest a pregnancy would be visible.

Really though, the best person to talk to about this is a healthcare provider, especially if you're still having pain. If that pain is severe and you feel you need to be seen ASAP, then the ER is the place to go, but otherwise, make an appointment with your doctor or a sexual health clinic for as soon as they can fit you in.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILoveYouBaby19
Neophyte
Member # 94747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveYouBaby19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have made a drs appointment for this Tuesday. but im still worried i dont know what to do i alredy have a child. i mean i want another so its not too big but my boyfriend is not ready for another. and abortion/adoption are not something i can do it goes against my beliefs(not religion). I'm just in a really messed up place right now :-(
Posts: 30 | From: Marion,Ohio | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally understand your concern there, I really do - I've been in a similar spot before.

That said, your best bet is to not think quite that far ahead until/unless you get a positive pregnancy test. It causes some serious stress on you for no reason. Certainly, being aware of what you'd do in the case of an unwanted pregnancy is something to think about when you're sexually active, but no need to drive yourself insane with it at this moment.

Since you took the test when you were supposed to (14 days after the risk or when you miss your period, whichever comes first) and it's negative, you can take another test one full week (if you haven't gotten your period yet) later to be absolutely sure. More on that here:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

In the meantime, try to relax. And like Karyn already said, stomach pain should be checked out by your doctor (it's not a viable early sign of pregnancy).

Also, check this out:
Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILoveYouBaby19
Neophyte
Member # 94747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveYouBaby19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have been to the ER 2 times already and they dont know whats wrong so hopefully my DR can find out something?
ILoveYouBaby19
Neophyte
Member # 94747

Also,i had Mirena IUD for 2 yrs on march 9-10 i got it removed on the 12 had my period till 17, in April had my period on the 14 and now for my i should have had one on the 17 and i havent i am 4 days late. could this be pregnancy or because of the IUD?

--------------------
I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence. Theodore Dreiser

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've had a couple of negative tests, so it's pretty safe to say that pregnancy isn't the cause here. The IUD removal may have something to do with it, but really, your doctor is the best person to ask about this. We can guess, but we're not doctors and we can't examine you, so we can't know for sure what's going on - your doctor has your medical history and will be able to figure this out.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.