Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » washing hand

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: washing hand
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Icon 5 posted      Profile for we4ring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, here I come again with a question :

is it effective to wash our hand only with water (without a soap) then I give my girlfriend manual sex by touching her clitoris? is there any pregnancy risk if my finger maybe have touched semen then I wash my hand only with water (half glass of water)?

Posts: 49 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got an article all about that:
The Simple And Underrated Art Of Washing Your Hands

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we4ring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes I have read that article, but I just make a sure that it's alright wash hand only with half glass of water. please answer me, I'm so confused :-(
Posts: 49 | From: Indonesia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we4ring     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes I have read that article, but I just make a sure that it's alright wash hand only with half glass of water. please answer me, I'm so confused :-(
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Soap and water is the most effective way to wash hands for full cleanliness, but in terms of pregnancy risks even just wiping your hands with a tissue or towel would be enough for their not to be any pregnancy risk. Sperm can't live on the hands.

However, having clean hands before you touch your girlfriend's clitioris or any other part of her genitals does prevent transfer of bacteria or dirt which could lead to irritation or infection.

IN short, washing your hands with only water is more than enough to make sure that there is no pregnancy risk, and it's better than nothing in terms of making sure you have clean hands if you're going to touch your girlfriend's genitals.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

thanks Robin, I always thinking about it and make me worry worry and worry about pregnancy risk.

I ever read the statement from scarleteen article that only wipe the semen on hand with tissue, it can make pregnancy risk, but small.

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which article did you read that in?

When you have the choice, washing hands is always better. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Hii Robin, here the article :

MYTH: Manual sex presents a high pregnancy risk if your hand may have touched pre-ejaculate or after wiping or washing your hands.
FACT: If after touching pre-ejaculate or ejaculate your hands were washed before touching your (females) or your female partner’s genitals then there’s no risk of pregnancy. If you wiped your hands off after touching ejaculate or pre-ejaculate then there was no risk or an exceptionally low risk of pregnancy. To have a viable pregnancy risk with manual sex, your hand would have to be literally dripping with semen.

we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

can you explain, why if we wiped our hands off after touching ejaculate then there was an exceptionally low risk of pregnancy?
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

please help me, I am stressed right now :-( :-( :-(
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

As the last line of that piece says, your hand would have to be dripping in ejaculate (and you'd likely have to insert it into the vagina)for there to be any real pregnancy risk.

That series of articles is one of the older set on our Web site and is actually in the process of being updated. One of the things we will be researching is whether there is any pregnancy risk at all from this activity.

From what you describe, though, you washed your hands with water, which means that you did more than wipe them with a tissue, yes?

--------------------
Robin

we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

yes Robin, I wash my hand with water then wipe my hand with a tissue till dry.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, there really is no risk. Handwashing - even with just water - gets rid of any sperm. So pregnancy is not possible from the situation you've described.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Thank you Karybu, you know that I stressing about it right now. I'm so scare
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

please help me to ease my mind, how many hour sperm can life outside the body? in short I ejaculate inside my underwear then I ride my motorcycle about more than 30 minutes before I touch my penis then about 20 minutes later I wash my hand only with water, wiped with tissue after that start to touch my girl friend's clitoris.
is there any sperm life based on my story?

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pregnancy risk is created via direct genital-to-genital contact, or when someone ejaculates directly onto or near the vulva.

So, no: the situation you describe does not present a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

yes, I know about that joey, but my question is with a length time that I describe above, is there any sperm that life?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Sperm doesn't live outside the body like that. It's not like bacteria or germs, which are invisible but which can be transferred. Once there is no more semen on your hands, or it has dried, the sperm is no longer alive and can't lead to pregnancy.

--------------------
Robin

we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

when I touch my penis inside my underwear after time that I describe above, it still moist :-(
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

From what you describe that was still 20 minutes before you touched your girlfriend's clitoris. And you washed your hand with water then wiped it off.

Sperm just doesn't live that long outside the body, even if it's still on the skin.

--------------------
Robin

we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

so the sperm inside my underwear already died although still moist?
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

everyone, please answer me... I feel sick right now> please...
we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

Hi Robin, Thanks for give me your attention, my girlfriend has her period just now. I make a decision that we will keep away from any sex, what do you think?

once again, I say "Terima kasih".

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If you are this nervous about pregnancy, and not engaging in any kind of genital contact would help you be less nervous, then certainly you can do that. Have you talked to your girlfriend? What does she think?

--------------------
Robin

we4ring
Activist
Member # 95414

yes of course I have talk with her, she think that my decision is right. we will not do it again until we married. because you know Robin, in my country Indonesia, Sex is taboo, moreover pregnancy before married.

Let me say about Scarleteen in my language :

Scarleteen Bagus banget...

Terima kasih ....

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

[Smile] I hear the pressures and fears you have. If you're both in agreement then this sounds like a good decision for both of you.

There are many ways to be close, romantic, and intimate without genital contact.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.