Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Proper/Perfect Condom Usage? (Withdrawal)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proper/Perfect Condom Usage? (Withdrawal)
FrankieFrog
Activist
Member # 95707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FrankieFrog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I'm sorry if this isn't the right area to be posting in but "expert advice" was the closest match when I was browsing the threads [Smile]

Anyway, as per my title,
I have a rough and fairly accurate idea of proper/perfect condom usage, ie. never re-use a condom even if its yours, never use one condom through multiple ejaculations, always remember to use a condom even if in the heat of the moment.

So that aside,
I've seen some sex ed demonstration videos on bananas and stuff, and it's certainly not rocket science, but I was wondering particularly about the "withdrawing" part of using a condom.

After a man has ejaculated into the condom, and assuming he pinched the reservoir tip and it all flowed into the tip etc., as he withdraws, is there a risk of the condom failing if the man was underneath the girl in the sex act?

As in, after a man has ejaculated in the condom, could it slide down and out of the tight grip at the base of the condom?

Thanks!

Frank

Posts: 74 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When withdrawing, it's a good idea to hold onto the base of the condom so that it doesn't accidentally slip sslip off.

Here's an article with pretty much anything you wanted to know about condom use:

Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.