Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is Pregnancy Possible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is Pregnancy Possible?
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexkitten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, First Things First I Don't Have A 28 Day Cycle Of The Pill I'm. Irregular So The Days Btwn Period Is Ussually Diff, & I Was On The Pill Couple Months Back...

Anyway It Didn't Work Out W. Me So Beg March I Got Paragard & I Love It & Back When I Got It I Was Engaged... We Broke Up Beg Of April... So Yeah... All Of March I Had Sex W. My Fiancee Up Until The 20s When I Started Spotting I Spotted 5 Days Then My Period Came End Of March Beg Of April Was 7 Days Which Is Increased Of Course The Week Of My Period Me & My Fiance Broke Up... Which Is First Week Of April && Around April 17th I Went To Gyno To Check IUD Placement & Its In Here He Did A Pap Smear && The Vaginal Std Test Which Considering I Didn't Get A Call Back Both R Good, The IUD Was In Perf Placement & I Didn't Have && Still Don't Have Pelvic Pain Or Anything To Suspect An Etopic Pregnancy & My Transvaginal Ultrasound Was Perf So I'm Sure There Would've Been Some Sort Of Indication Of A Uterine Pregnancy By Then I. Believe, Anyway The Next Week I Met A New Guy & I Never Had Intercourse W. Him But He Spooned ?e W. Both Our Bottoms Off & Placed His Soft Penis Btwn My Butt Cheeks Which Was Almost Dry && Once Hit His Erect Penic On My Vulva To 'Spank' Or 'Rub' It W.E But It Wasn't Longer Than A Couple Sec He Was Clean & I Had My Iud So I Didn't Think It Was A Prob & That Exposure Was Harmless Cuz I Believe He Was Dry & Besides I Have An IUD

Now Fastforward To Now Its Like Past 28 Days From The Onset Of My Last Period & My Period Isn't Here Yet & I Don't Really Shuspect Pregnancy Not Uterine Or Etopic I Don't Really Have Any Symptoms Either, I Am Sick However & I Did Stress A Lot Due To The Break Up In The Beg, Once I Did Have Random Discharge But It Went Away Also When I Went To Gyno

Posts: 35 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexkitten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Complained About Yellowy Discharge He Said It
S From IUD (It Wasn't Smelly) He Perscrived A Cream & The Spotting Went Away & Also Perscribed A 1 Tablet Yeast Infec Treatment Cuz I Was On A Acne Antibiotic, Which Wuld B Extrmely Harmful To A Baby If I Was Preg & I Was On That Antibuotic Up Until This Monday & It Was For 2 Months But Anywho The Discharge Went Away & Um The Yeast Pill Was Taken Just Bcuz Not Bcuz I Have A Yeast Infec Now I Highly Doubt I'm Preggo From Eiether Partner But If I Would B It'd B From My Ex Not The Rebound But I Had My Period Right After The Last Time We Had Intercourse So What Do U Think Is Wrong Btw I Know The Capitilaztion Of First Letter Is Annoying I Apologze That's Jus How I Write When I'm Stressed

Posts: 35 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Oh But I Am Slightly Crampy Now I Guess... Cuz I'm Sick When I Sneeze My Stomach && Pelvis Hurt A Bit, IDK If That Matters In Anyway But Yeah No Spotting Or Period Yet Its Gonna Be Like 35 Days On The 4th Since My Last Peripd
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had your period the first week of April, and it's now the first week of May, and you don't generally have regular cycles, it doesn't sound like your period is late yet. [Smile]

Stress can play a major factor in altering the menstrual cycle. That can include emotional stress, which you had, and physical stress like any kind of illness, even mild illness.

The Intrauterine Devices (IUD, IUC or IUS)
is 98-99% effective in preventing pregnancy.

Nothing you've written here raises alarm bells for pregnancy risks.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Yeah I had it till the 6th of April, & I had a period after my real risk (actual intercourse) thank god its still placed, I hope it comes soon, [Frown] really stressful
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a deep breath! It truly doesn't sound as if it's even late yet. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

When would it be considered late?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You said you have an irregular cycle. Do you keep track of the start dates of each period?

--------------------
Robin

Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Yes

There are ussually 30 to 35 days...

The Most Recent Is March 1 My Last BCP Cycle So Before This One It Was On A 28 Day Cucle... && During This Week I Had My Iud Put In

Then I started spotting on the 26 But I Got My Period On The 3oth && It Ended On The 6th...

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

So you're not even at 30 days yet.

Our bodies aren't machines, so a certain amount of variability can be expected. Nothing you've said raises alarm bells for a pregnancy risk, though of course you can always take a test if it would put your mind at ease.

--------------------
Robin

Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Ok thx so much the whole my ex fiancee thing doesn't apply cuz I had a period right after right?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.