Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » preejaculate on condom?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: preejaculate on condom?
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and were about to have sex so i put a condom on him, and i was just pushing it down to make sure all the air was out when i heard a squeak and thought that could have been something damaging happening to the condom so i decided to take it off a put on a new one. between the first and second condom, i went to wash my hands and so did my boyfriend and he had gone a bit soft so had to wait a bit to get hard again. my question is, when i was putting on the second codom, my finger slipped off, toward the base of the penis and then continued to finished rolling down the condom. when i put on the forst condom i couldn't see any 'wetness' at the tip of his penis where precum would be because i put on the condom pretty much as soon as he was erect, and also there was a good few minutes between taking off the first condom and putting on the second one, so there wouldnt have been any precum like down the shaft of the penis that my finger could have touched when it slipped off and then transfered to the condom? I mean i certainly didnt feel any noticeable wetness when my finger slipped off and my boyfriend said that the shaft was completely dry?, I have read on other posts that transfer of precum in this way isnt a pregnancy risk?
Im on Yaz BC, but still worry about things

Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm cells are too delicate to be transfered on hands, so if there were any present and they got on your hands, they wouldn't have been transfered to the condom.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anxiousalways     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply, I know that would had to have been a substantial, very noticeable amount for there to be any risk i suppose. thanks :)I'm actually on yasmin, but that doesn't affect your answer to my question anyway, thanks.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome; and you're absolutely right; If someone wanted really to for whatever reason, they could possibly create a risk on purpose by ejaculating all over their hand then putting the fresh semen in or on the vulva straight away, but this would have to be deliberate as there would have to be a whole lot of ejaculate. That isn't likely what you're doing wih your manual sex (sex with hands on genitals).

Being on Yasmin will dramatically reduce any risks you do have (providing it's taken as directed), but as you said, you aren't having any risks at the moment. [Smile]

[ 04-26-2012, 06:26 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

thank you, just so long as i know that my original question posted does not pose any risk of pregnancy I'm happy.
I do take my pill correctly but i feel much better when i know i haven't had any risk, whether or not hormonal birth control was involved or not. Thanks agin [Smile]

anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

sorry again, just wanted to ask... the shaft of the penis, is this still considered an unhospitable environment for sperm cells because its away from the tip, so would just be like the sperm cells were on like, skin? or your hands etc
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you explain a little more of what you're asking about?

And just to clarify something you said above. Your hormonal birth control doesn't decide at random whether it's going to work or not, based on whether there's been an exposure or not. It's always protecting you. [Smile] So while it's definitely good to check on stuff like you were asking about above, know that you have a very reliable form of birth control taking care of you.re semen on the shaft of the penis?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

Haha sorry basically, from my question above, preejaculate, if there was any there, would not be transfered from the shaft of the penis to my finger and then back to the condom?... Im sorry was just asking if the skin on the shaft of the penis, not near the tip, it's obviously not optimum conditions for sperm, unlike the vuvla, or tip of the penis. so that if any sperm cells were on the shaft, they would die just like if they were on your hand or arm etc... sorry for the question, just me telling myself that if there even wwas anything on the shaft of the penis it would have dried and died in the space of both us getting up to wash our hands etc. but it's ok, so long as i know my situation was not a risk, i am fine haha. and yes, im slowly but surely feeling comfortable about the effective of the pill. thanks for your tiime [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With preejaculate (which sometimes contains sperm) and ejaculate (which always contains sperm unless the person has had a vasectomy) it's a transfer thing. It might be helpful to think of it this way: If the fluid makes *any* stops between penis and vulva, the sperm in it is no longer viable. Doesn't matter where...it's about it transferring to somewhere else.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

ok thanks, its nice to know that now. so from that info i was at no risk with my original question. thank you very much.
anxiousalways
Neophyte
Member # 95652

last time i will post about this, just wanted to check that i have your info correct. with my original question, if my finger had slipped off at any part of the penis (i know it was not the tip), just incase it wasn't actually toward the base, there is no pregancy risk because if there was any pre ejaculate there, it would not survive going from my finger to the condom?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

That's correct.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.