Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I didn't wash my hands after giving a handjob: am I pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I didn't wash my hands after giving a handjob: am I pregnant?
nyan56
Neophyte
Member # 95095

Icon 4 posted      Profile for nyan56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my boyfriend were fooling around the other day and i gave him a handjob. i only touched the shaft of the penis and i didnt touch any of the cum but i remember having precum on all my fingers. after the handjob i wiped my hands quickly with a wet wipe and then went outside in the cold, touched things etc. i forgot to wash my hands. about an hour or less later i went to the toilet and accidentally touched right by the entrance of my vagina with one of the fingers. i got really scared so i washed down there and cleaned. can i still be pregnant or can i get pregnant like that? please help! i asked my boyfriend and he said that its impossible but im not sure and im freaking out. please help and explain, i get really paranoid about pregnancies and sexual things like that!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You absolutely cannot get pregnant that way. Sperm don't live outside the body for very long and they don't live on fingers like that.

It's a good idea to wash your hands before going to the bathroom if you've touched a lot of things because you can transfer bacteria and dirt from your hands to your vulva which can lead to irritation or infection, but dried semen on hands won't do you any harm at all.

How about taking a look at this article so you can learn more about what can and can't lead to pregnancy? [Smile]

Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyan56
Neophyte
Member # 95095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyan56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very much, that made me feel much better. [Smile] my boyfriend's been telling me the same thing but i didnt believe him because i get terribly paranoid over sexual activities and pregnancies. [Frown]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it helped.

You know, sometimes anxiety about pregnancy is a sign telling us that we're not quite up for what we're doing sexually. ...and it's really not a lot of fun, even if the activities we engage in are enjoyable, to be worried after most encounters.

Do you think this is a case where having more information will help allay your fears, or would you feel less anxious if you and your boyfriend changed up the sexual activities you engage in to relieve your anxieties?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyan56
Neophyte
Member # 95095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyan56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think that most of my anxiety comes from not knowing enough or not being informed properly about certain subjects. for example, every time me and my boyfriend engage in sexual activities im always scared of getting pregnant and i always think that i will get pregnant. i get quite a lot of pregnancy scares. [Frown]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

What would help you worry less?

What information do you think you need in order to help you be more comfortable with the sexual activity you and your boyfriend do engage in?

--------------------
Robin

nyan56
Neophyte
Member # 95095

i think that maybe if i knew more about sperm and how quickly it dries, lives outside the human body etc. that would help me a lot.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it might be most helpful to think of it this way: sperm cells and semen are diferent things. Sperm cells need semen (the white liquid you can see) in order to move around - they use it to move around. Once the conditions (temperature, moisture level, etc) has been slightly changed, the sperms cells can't go anywhere. If they can't go anywhere, they can't help to co-create a pregnancy with an ovum (egg).

So, it doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, the semen is wet or not - once the conditions of the semen are changed (from being on anything that isn't a vulva, penis or anus) the sperm cells aren't able to move around.

If someone wanted really to for whatever reason, they could possibly create a risk on purpose by ejaculating all over their hand then putting the fresh semen in or on the vulva straight away, but this would have to be deliberate as there would have to be a whole lot of ejaculate. That isn't likely what you're doing wih your manual sex (sex with hands on genitals).

Does that make sense?

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nyan56
Neophyte
Member # 95095

yes, thank you. [Smile] that has helped me a lot. thank you. [Big Grin]
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No worries, I'm glad it helped. [Smile]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.