Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HELPPPPP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELPPPPP
sa513
Neophyte
Member # 95518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sa513     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From March 21st to March 26 my boyfriend and I fooled around- we had anal sex and oral sex but not vaginal sex (except for rubbing). I don't get my periods regularly - if I am lucky maybe 4-5 times a year. When we engaged in these activities he wore a condom and I was taking birth control (possibly incorrectly). Now I am experiencing for the past five days a jolting feeling below my bellybutton that radiates through inside my vagina to the outside areas of my vagina. I also have yellow clear discharge that does not smell. I have no other side effects such as itching and burning. Just experiencing a jolting pain that last less then 15 seconds and occurs atleast 5-10 times a day- could this be ovulation?. My course of pills finished on Friday April 6, so right now I should be on my period and I am not. I also did two pregnancy tests -one on March 31st and the other on April 7th that came back negative (did I test too soon?). My boyfriend and I are both clean of any STD's - we have been together only with each other for over 4 years. Could I be pregnant? Please help...

I forgot to mention that the contraceptive I was taking is Diane 35 (21 tablets). Also, I took the pills each day but not all at the same time each day. I started the pills randomly not after my period (due to the irregularity of my period I didn't know when my period was going to happen), therefore I just started them on a random day and continued with the course for 21 days.

[ 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: sa513 ]

--------------------
sa

Posts: 5 | From: canada | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sa513
Neophyte
Member # 95518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sa513     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 04-10-2012, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: sa513 ]

--------------------
sa

Posts: 5 | From: canada | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you wore condoms for all sexual activity you engaged in, and you did not have a condom failure, you can consider yourself protected even if you did mess up with the pills a little. That is why it's such a great idea to use more than one method of protection - if one fails, you still have the other one to fall back on.

If this was your first month on the pill, and you were not taking them as directed, it's no surprise that you have not had your withdrawal bleed yet. Both starting the pill and taking it incorrectly can cause irregular bleeding.

As for the pain, since it has been going on for a couple of days now, it is a good idea to talk to a doctor about it. That's the best course of action with any unexplained pain.

Are you better at taking the pills on time now? If it's hard for you to remember to take the pill, you may want to talk to your doctor about switching to a method like Nuva Ring, or the Implanon or Depo, where you do not have to remember it every day.

[ 04-10-2012, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sa513
Neophyte
Member # 95518

Hi Joey- Thank you so much for your response- I can't tell you how relieved I am. I don't know what type of pain it is, It feels like a jolting pain that subsides after 15 seconds. I am assuming its my body trying to get my hormones in alignment but I could be wrong. I was more concerned that I might be pregnant because of the feelings of pain. This was my first month so I should be on my period right now and then I am suppose to start my next course of birth controls Friday this upcoming week. I plan on taking the pill correctly and at the same times each day. Could you tell me if ovulation pain happens similar to this? I also have mild clear with a yellowish tint discharge.

Also, for future reference- did I take the pregnancy tests correctly?

[ 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: sa513 ]

--------------------
sa

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd strongly suggest seeing a doctor. Pregnancy isn't what I'm concerned about, really (and five days of sharp pains likely has zip to do with ovulation, especially since no one ovulates for five days), but five days of sharp pains that haven't been looked into are.

So, can you access some healthcare? If you can, you can certainly also get another pregnancy test done if you have concerns about pregnancy.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sa513
Neophyte
Member # 95518

I won't get into my doctor for another week- Should I do a home pregnancy test, I did it twice before and it came back negative (did I do it too soon), should I wait to do a pregnancy test? Please advice. Today, the pains are getting better I have yet to experience the jolting feeling since morning-

--------------------
sa

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd figure that for now, it seems clear you're not pregnant, but you do NOT have answers about those pains, and need those. So, you go to your doctor when you can, and let them decide if they need to run a pregnancy test or not.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sa513
Neophyte
Member # 95518

Thank you for all of your feedback and help- I hope you have a wonderful day!

--------------------
sa

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.