Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is my cervix tilted?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is my cervix tilted?
coffeeandativan
Neophyte
Member # 73124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coffeeandativan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two nights that I've masturbated I've noticed that my cervix is really high and super hard to reach, but the thing is I can reach the bottom or maybe its the side of my cervix just fine, its the tip that seems to be going off at an angle, pointing off instead of up or out. To reach the tip of my cervix I literally need to gently pull the tip down with my finger) I'm wondering if this could meanthat I have a tilted cervix? I never really noticed all the other times I've masturbated but I can't say I've particularly payed attention or happened to be doing so when my cervix was resting very high?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry this post was missed, coffeeandativan.

When we're aroused, our cervixes do move much higher up, as the vagina extends in length. Also, depending on where we are in out fertility cycle, the cervix can be higher up. So, it's not uncommon for the cervix to be very high up sometimes, even so that we can't reach them at all (often we can find that we can't reach our cervix after solo or partnered sex).

It's super cool that you're getting to know your body; that's always a good thing per body image, confidence and knowledge. However, it's very difficult to really know the angle of anatomy that we can't see, just by feeling it with our fingers. An OB/GYN can help you look at your cervix with a mirror. It could be that you cervix sits at an angle most often, which may just be a little quick of your body - we're all very unique. [Smile]

It might be worth baring in mind that the uterus has no set postition, it's suspended by ligaments, which allows it to move, taking the cervix with it. Actually, "tilted uterus" as a concept is fairly questionable, since the uterus is attached to ligaments so tilts all the time, depending on any of our posture; so it could have just been the way you were sitting/lying/standing.

[ 04-10-2012, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.