Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Weighing the options

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weighing the options
Silverfish
Neophyte
Member # 95343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverfish         Edit/Delete Post 
My bf and I had sex today , and the condom broke. He said he had not ejaculated, there was some pre - cum though, and he pulled out immediatley when it broke. I have been on the pill for over six months , and I a, very good at always ensuring to take it on time. What is the risk here ?Should I buy Plan B , Im not freaked out about it. The only concern would be getting tested for STI , also im on my 14 day since the beginning of my last period , which I know is when I would be ovulating if the pill wasnt working. I should also add , Ive had a light amount of diarreha the last three days, I dont feel ill at all thoug.

[ 03-24-2012, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Silverfish ]

Posts: 6 | From: NeverNever Land | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have been taking the pill as directed, there is no need to take Plab B. The point of using two methods of birth control is so that, when one of them fails, you have another one to fall back on. So the condom failed, but you still have the protection of the pill you can rely on.

Getting tested for STIs is always a good idea, even when you are using condoms. Why don't you and your partner take this opportunity to make appointments to get tested?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverfish
Neophyte
Member # 95343

Thanks for settling my mind! I definetly agree. This is probabley a silly question , but Ive only been having sex for about 4/5 months. What is involved when you get tested?
Posts: 6 | From: NeverNever Land | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check out our article: Testing, Testing...

It should give you the basics of STI testing. If you've got questions after reading, come on back!

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverfish
Neophyte
Member # 95343

So Im kind of a slightly concerned now. Its been 2 weeks, since I posted about the condom breaking. And my body has been feel , sick , drained and wonky , all this week. My period is due tomorrow ... so I will see what happens. What are the early signs of pregnancy that I should be looking out for?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It can take up to a week for a pregnancy to complete. So, at two weeks after the risk, you would barely be pregnant. That is much too soon for any symptoms of a pregnancy to appear.

I suggest you wait and see what happens with your period tomorrow. And if it does not show, you can take a pregnancy test to ease your mind.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverfish
Neophyte
Member # 95343

Ok thanks

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.