Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » early period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: early period
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexkitten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, last cycle i got off the pill and got an iud, my last period started march 1st, im on the non hormonal iud, so it doesnt affect my cycle, and my cycle is irregular every 30-33 days + or minus a few days. Itll be 28 days this thursday, but I see spotting today, Im worried, in the beg of the month we used withdrawl now we dont use it, i dont think im pregnant but I am worried is thi normsl
Posts: 35 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you've said your cycles are usually 30-33 days "plus or minus a few days", I'm not hearing anything wrong here - it's very normal for periods to show up a few days early or late every so often. You can take a pregnancy test if you feel like that would help you relax, but keep in mind that the most common thing with pregnancy is no bleeding whatsoever: bleeding is generally an indication that pregnancy has NOT happened.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexkitten91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What worries me is that its not even the 28th day yet, it'll b on thurs I spotted dark a bit yest then it stopped and now its starting again, I ussually don't get it on 28th day unless I'm on pill that's y I'm worried it shldnt be pregnancy tho bcuz I have an iud and we used withdrawal for the longest we recently stopped but he never fully ejaculates in me and I know my iud is in there
Posts: 35 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While the IUD doesn't create an artificial cycle the way the pill does, it does affect your menstrual cycle. One of the most common side effects of the IUD is irregular periods and spotting. So, this really isn't anything unusual at all.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Lol my period is irregular to begin with but ty so much u put my mind at ease
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Ok so so far I have only been spotting, no period and I haven't spotted at all when I got my iud up until now when its close to my period, is that normal?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because you haven't had any spotting with the IUD up til now, doesn't mean it will never happen: so yep, this still sounds very normal.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Ok ty its starting to increase so its mentrruel spottin which is good cuz I don't want other spotting
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

So tech if I count 30 something days from my last period its supp to come in a minimum of 3 days but my spotting seems to be increasing, idk but its brwn then stops then starts again. You think its implanatation beleding. I mean ideally I can't be pregnant we used iud and withdrawl for the longest but last week some of the ejaculate might have gotten in me but the iud is still good, idk I'm just worried because this spotting is driving me insane I cnt have sex and my period won't come ugh
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes the flow of periods can be different. It's possible that this spotting is your period, and that it's just going to be lighter and longer than usual.

As Joey said above, the IUD can change your cycles even though it doesn't affect them hormonally.

The brownish color just means it's old blood, so that's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Its Very Very Little Tho That's Why I'm Worried, Yeah You Can Say Its Light && Brown, My Gyno Said Its Supp To Be Heavier That's Why I'm Worried.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The IUD most commonly makes periods heavier, which is probably what your GYN was referring to. However, it can affect everyone in different ways; this is just how your own unique body reacts to the IUD at this time.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexkitten91
Neophyte
Member # 81801

Yeah I'm Not Worried Anymore, Yest I Had A Lot Of Dark Come Out && Today Its Less Coming Out But Its Reddish I Hope It Doesn't Do It For A Month Ugh Lol

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.