Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » need to know

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need to know
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mysteryflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I read the article but im not sure about my situation, here its go I was tossing off my boyfriend and he doubled I got a bit on my hand and I went to the toilet and then wiped myself with the hand that had sperm on it it wasn't a lot of sperm (I used tissue) but im just wondering if this would be a risk and whether I should go and get EC ?
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like ejaculated, many apollogies typo
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysteryflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like ejaculated, many apollogies typo
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the only part of your body that had contact with his ejaculate was your hand?

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A helpful way to think about it can be this: Sperm need a very specific environment in which to survive and do their job. That environment is semen. So, if semen makes any stop between the penis and vulva (the outside of female genitalia) or vagina, such as on a hand, the sperm will no longer be viable and cannot lead to a pregnancy. Also, the sperm use the semen to swim, so having a little bit on your hand, especially when it's already been exposed to the air even for a minute or two, really can't lead to pregnancy.

Does that make sense?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Yeah thanks, it was a minute or so then I wiped myself when going to the toilet, so the fact it was exposed to air then put in contact again mean that I couldn't really get pregnant ?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there was no ejaculate in or near your vagina, you have not had a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Well that's what I dont know , I had some on my hand then wiped myself, that's what im a bit worried about
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

But robin what exactly is seaman and why would sperm being on my hand actually effect the pregnancy symptoms
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sperm cells can't be transfered by hand. Being on a hand makes them unable to help create a pregnancy. So being on a penis then on a hand then on a vulva isn't called 'direct' contact, as it's had a stop inbetween a vulva and a penis (the hand is a stop).

You need direct contact to cause pregnancy; direct contact between a vulva and a penis or a penis to ejaculate onto a vulva directly - as in, stright out on the penis and onto the vulva.

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

To my Abuser: I'm seeing stars. I bet you can't do that.

Posts: 1265 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Thank you so much so even if it was a short time pregnancy was unlikely???
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Like short as in 30 seconds would this make a difference ? Would it still pose a viable risk
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not at all; it's been on a hand, that's enough to change it so the sperm cells can't move anywhere.

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 1265 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Okay thank you even if it was a lil bit of time xl
mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Why does being on the hand actually change sperm
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Because ejaculate dries up when exposed to air. And without the very specific environment of the ejaculate, sperm can't make it.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Ah okay so it dries up even after say 30 seconds?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

It takes a few minutes. But unless you have superpowers, it took you a little longer than 30 seconds to go from engaging in sexual activity with your boyfriend, to being done with using the toilet and wiping yourself.

But also, it takes more than some trace amounts of ejaculate on your hand to get you pregnant. If your boyfriend had come directly on your hand, and you had inserted that hand into your vagina right away, then you would need to worry about a risk. But with what you described - a small amount, the time between ejaculation and when you might have touched yourself, the fact that at most you touched your vulva - there is just no risk.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

So cause ir was a drop or two there's no risk ?
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

You have that right. [Smile]

--------------------
~ Saffy
Scarleteen Volunteer

mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Thank you so you need like a hand covered in sperm to create a risk?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Like I said: you would need a hand full of fresh ejaculate, and you would need to insert it directly into your vagina.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

mysteryflower
Activist
Member # 85944

Okay thank you [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.