Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Do I have an STD? or some kind of genital warts.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do I have an STD? or some kind of genital warts.
Member # 83795

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lorenzaazariaclark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay first of all, let me start with, this is really hard to explain. So you're probably going to have to ask me a bunch of questions after I tell you what's wrong, to find out out what this actually is.
Okay well, I was going to bed last night, climbed in bed, & I had the need to pee. So I'm squirming trying to keep it in, and as I do, I get this sharp pain from my vulva. So I rush(assuming I had an STD)to my bathroom, and reach for my magnified mirror and look around. I see that I had these small flesh colored (This is where the explaining gets hard) little lumps, but they weren't hard, more like squishy, & I've seen something similar to it on peoples' skin all the time. Lower to this is what I'd say looked like a reaaally small string(shorter than an eyelash) of flesh pulled out from my inner labia. And this 'string' hurts when I move that general area, like when I walk.
What is going on with me? [Confused]

Posts: 11 | From: panama city | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any sort of pain or change in the genitals should really be checked out by a healthcare professional. It could be that you've just got a bit of a scrape on one of your labia that will heal up in a few days, and the bumps you're seeing might just be the normal texture of your vulva (especially if you've never taken a good look before - genital texture is often a bit bumpy) but it's a good idea to get it checked out anyways, if you can.

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.