Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can she get pregnant from this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can she get pregnant from this?
Brandon T
Neophyte
Member # 95283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandon T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I had sex today (with a condom- no breakage) and I ejaculated into her mouth. We kissed here and there and about an hour later, I gave her non-penetrative oral sex. Is it possible that the sperm would have lived long enough for it to get from her mouth, to my mouth, to her vagina, and into it in that hour?

If it helps, there is an ovulation app she has to keep track of our "safe" days. Her ovulation was supposedly yesterday but would this increase the chances by a lot?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, sperm does not live in the mouth like that.

More more info on what is and is not a pregnancy risk, can you take a look at this?

Pregnancy Scared?

Also, unless this ovulation app has your girlfriend tracking her basal body temperature and certical mucus, and she's been doing so for several months, ovulation prediction isn't going to be terribly accurate.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon T
Neophyte
Member # 95283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandon T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply Robin!

Are you sure of this though? Because we are contemplating telling a responsible adult on taking the Plan B emergency contraceptive pill. If there is really no risk, then we can maintain our intimacy as a secret between her an I.

Also, I already read the link you sent me and it seemed to provide me with information outside of this situation, thanks though.

The app we use only tracks her periods and predicts her ovulation/fertility days and we use it for "natural family planning". I guess we'll rely on it less!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two risk situations for pregnancy are:

1. When fresh ejaculate comes into contact with a bare vulva.
2. When there is any contact between a bare penis and a bare vulva, whether rubbing or intercourse.

Sperm need a very specific environment in which to live. That's why the contact between ejaculate and vulva has to be immediate in order for it to be considered a pregnancy risk. Put another way, if the ejaculate has to make any other stops between penis and vulva, such as onto a hand, or a towel, or intobath water or a mouth, then the sperm are no longer viable. What you have described with the oral sex is not a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

and....tracking ovulation and predicting fertile days based on numbers of days is not usually reliable.

Here's some information on how fertility awareness works. . As you can see, it's pretty involved.

Fertility Awareness (FAM)

--------------------
Robin

bhoi
Neophyte
Member # 95301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bhoi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my girl friend was touching my penis area fron out side....i had under wear and jean and she was touching my penis ....and my penis go erect and pre cum came but shi did not touched the penis direcly ...she was moving her hand above jean.....later on minmum it might be 20 min. it is more than 30 min but just to say mimum......she went to for toilet and she wasted her vagina with same hand can she get pragnant....and can precum travel through jeans...and can this situation make her pragnant there ...
we were jst lying on each other ....
plz help...should she take pill to avoid pragancy

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you check with this first, please: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/006958.html

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bhoi
Neophyte
Member # 95301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bhoi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i read it plz let mi know to my q?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bhoi
Neophyte
Member # 95301

help mi please
bhoi
Neophyte
Member # 95301

my girl friend was touching my penis area fron out side....i had under wear and jean and she was touching my penis ....and my penis go erect and pre cum came but shi did not touched the penis direcly ...she was moving her hand above jean.....later on minmum it might be 20 min. it is more than 30 min but just to say mimum......she went to for toilet and she wasted her vagina with same hand can she get pragnant....and can precum travel through jeans...and can this situation make her pragnant there ...
we were jst lying on each other ....
plz help.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't keep reporting your same question here and in other people's threads, okay?

When you read that, did you see how it said that if people are only having contact outside clothing how there are NO pregnancy risks?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.