Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confusion About My Bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confusion About My Bleeding
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 5 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Only thing I do as of right now is oral, fingering, and grinding (at least one of us is always wearing boxers/underwear everytime)*

About 2 days out of the week last week, I had been fingered and rather rougly too (not gunna lie). For the first time, I have noticed bleeding immediately after that while going to the bathroom but it would show on the toilet paper and on my panties. The first day that it had happened last week, It was a medium brown color on my panties and toilet paper so I assumed it was from an abrasion from the rough fingering. I gave it a day or so and it started going back to a normal looking discharge but about 3 or less days later, he did it again but this time I bled even more heavily and it was darker brown than before. I gave it more time and today I have already noticing it going away but what makes this hard for me is the fact that i'm supposed to start my period anytime within a week. I've been experiencing more obvious cramps than a while ago and so I decided to check and see if I have started about an hour or so ago and it was a pinkish red color (how it usually looks like for me when I start out. I usually finish out brown). What I'm basically asking is.....

How can I distinguish it from my abrasion blood? Does the pink color from an hour ago maybe indicate I've started?
Also, All of this doesn't sound like Implantation bleeding right? Even if my blood flow right now isn't starting out somewhat heavy like i ususally do? I know that women confuse the 2 from each other so.....

I'm just overall confused. I basically don't really know how I should distinguish these (the abrasion, implantation bleeding, or a period?)

--------------------
"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it."

~Walt Disney

Posts: 114 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can safely rule out implantation bleeding, as it does not sound like you have had a pregnancy risk.

As for the rest of it: there is really no way to tell. If it's been more than a couple of days since the last time you had manual sex, it's more likely that the bleeding you are seeing now is the start of your period.

This rough fingering, it this something you like? Have you and your partner talked about this? If so, you can try and reduce the risk of injury by using lots of lube, and by making sure that your partner keeps his fingernails short and neat. If you do get another abrasion, you'll want to give yourself a few days to heal up before you engage in vaginal entry again.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I know :/ thanks [Smile]

--------------------

~Walt Disney

Posts: 114 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatieLynn963     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having my usual cramps flowing heavy red blood now so you were right about it being my period. I'm going to have to tell my bf though, about the abrasion bleeding so the roughness will stop. Thanks again, [Smile]

--------------------

~Walt Disney

KatieLynn963
Activist
Member # 69153

And yes, I do like it the way he's been doing it. He just needs his nails cut (theyre fairly long) and I don't think I had much arousal fluid at the time either.

--------------------

~Walt Disney

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.