Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Lack of clitoral sensitivity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lack of clitoral sensitivity
theflowerthief
Neophyte
Member # 66735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theflowerthief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For about the past month and a half I have been experience a lack of clitoral sensitivity. I used to have a very sensitive clitoris and I was able to orgasm very easily many times each day. Lately it is exceedingly difficult to achieve orgasm even once and I have barely any feeling in my clitoris. My vibrator used to make me come in minutes or stimulation with my fingers, however my fingers never seem to do the trick now and my vibrator only seems to get me off on rare occasions. Due to this I no longer enjoy sex very much. I used to love it and my boyfriend would even jokingly call me a nymphomaniac. We used to have sex 5 or more times per week and now we do no more than two usually, because I am uninterested. I am taking oral contraceptives. I was on Alesse28 for 10 months and recently started on Yaz instead (I'm still on the first pack) due to the fact that I found Alesse made me irritable and overly emotional. I miss enjoying sex and I'm just wondering what may have caused this lack of sensitivity.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're talking about two different things here: lack of sex drive, and lack of sensation.

If you've been using the vibrator consistently and in the same way, part of the problem as far as sensation goes may simply be that you've gotten used to the way you masturbate. That can happen sometimes, and then you'll just need to change your routine a bit and try something different.

But it also seems like you're not interested to begin with. And if you're experiencing low libido, it's quite likely that your lack of sensation doesn't have a physical cause, but is simply due to the fact that you're not interested in sex at this time. It's kind of like eating when you have no appetite at all: even your favorite food is going to taste bland.

Our libido goes through phases throughout our lifetime, and sometimes it's going to be very high, and others it's going to be lower. A lower libido can also be caused by stress, illness or other factors.

Either way, when it happens, there's not much you can do to change that. You'll just have to wait it out.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theflowerthief
Neophyte
Member # 66735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theflowerthief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel as though the lack of sex drive is caused by the lack of sensitivity. Up until a few days ago I was still very interested in having sex even though I felt little to no sensation. In these past few days it has been so frustrating to me that sex is not as enjoyable as it used to be and that is the reason I am less interested in sex. I don't feel like there is much reason to have it if I do not enjoy it. I still partake in other sexual acts with my boyfriend, such as pleasuring him either through manual stimulation or fellatio as well as passionate kissing and he still plays with my nipples or sucks on them which feels very good still! It's just clitoral stimulation that I do not enjoy (because it doesn't do anything for me anymore) and therefore intercourse because I only get off through clitoral stimulation. Is there nothing I can do about this? I have scheduled a doctor's appointment just incase it is a physical cause or she has more information, but I was just wondering what information I could get here first. Your opinion is that I just have to wait it out?
Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verlais
Neophyte
Member # 95242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Verlais     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend has been having the same problem as theflowerthief recently, and I was wondering if I could a bit more insight on the problem of clitoral insensitivity.

We have been together for 10 months now, and have been sexually active for 7. At the beginning, I would have no problem making her orgasm (I usually perform oral sex on her).

Recently, however, I haven't been able to make her orgasm and have had to resort using a vibrator for the past month - month and a half. When we talked about it, she said that the vibrator hits deeper than my tongue or fingers do (recently she has told me to press harder while rubbing her clit as well). But even with the vibrator, I have had sessions when she can't orgasm at all.

Is there anything that I can do?

Posts: 1 | From: Cleveland | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, Verlais, can you make your own thread for a branch-off of an existing topic? Thanks!

So, let's start by checking in about a couple of things.

How sensitive any part of our bodies are when it comes to pleasure (or pain, for that matter) isn't just about body parts. Has your girlfriend been feeling as highly aroused as she has in the past? It certainly isn't surprising when someone isn't as a relationship settles in: it's pretty common for arousal to decrease as the newness of something wears off.

Anything else going on with her? depression, for instance, any change in her stress levels, any issues in the relationship?

Do you know if she's had a similar shift with her sex life without you: with her masturbation?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.