Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » vaginal pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vaginal pain
shadi DeRohan
Neophyte
Member # 95015

Icon 9 posted      Profile for shadi DeRohan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, thnx 4 telling me to start a nwe topic so tat u can fill me in my problems. I dint expect a reply and wen i saw one my heart juz warmed thinking that someone is there to hear me out.... Thank u so much!
Now getting to the topic... i have been married for almost 2 yrs now and have baby of 6 months. Ever since the begging of marriage am i'm having this pain in the vagina and as a result we are unable to have intercourse.. Even noe it continues... I feel hell... I cant satisfy neither my hubby nor myself... And he is so damn patient and supportive which adds to my dismay.... I really need a way outta tis.... I'm totally miserable... Pls help

Posts: 3 | From: india | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course! You are very welcome. [Smile]

Now, with unexplained physical pain, the first thing I am going to ask is whether you have ever discussed this with a doctor. If you have not done so, why don't you do that, first? And then we can discuss whatever comes of that.

If you have already seen a doctor and they were unable to find a physical cause for your pain, we can take it from here.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadi DeRohan
Neophyte
Member # 95015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadi DeRohan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thnx joey...
my baby ws taken out via c-section because my uterus was not expanding.. Though i was in labour room for 12 hours i was only 2 finger.... Is that a sign tat i hav a problem?? I have not consulted a doc before for tis..... I'm juz ....well.... Shy! And scared!
but i will do it, no matter what, coz i dont want 2 live like this.... By the way, should i consult a gynaec or andropologist?

Posts: 3 | From: india | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not being doctors, we can't really make any guesses as to whether there is a connection between your difficult labor, and the pain you experience with intercourse. Only a doctor can make that assessment. But when you do go in to see a doctor, you'll want to make sure to mention everything that could be important, including your problems during labor.

And, yes: you'll want to see a gynecologist.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also be sure to be clear that an issue with your uterus likely has nothing to do with your vagina. They're very different things, and the uterus isn't going to be a factor with vaginal pain with intercourse.

It might also help you to know that pain with intercourse is generally an issue GYNs will have had others come to them about before, so it's very unlikely you'll be the first person going to your GYN about this with.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68149 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.