Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Really stressing over this...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really stressing over this...
lorenzaazariaclark
Neophyte
Member # 83795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lorenzaazariaclark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay first of all my concern is that I think I'm pregnant. I'm currently on Micro estrogen FE 1/20, and I finished my first month almost two weeks ago. This isn't my first time on birth control, I used to be on the patch but I had to switch because the dosage was too high, and it made me depressed.My periods where also irregular on the patch, and before I was on it. I got put on the pill because I have a ruptured cyst on my ovaries. But anyways, I did not get my period last month, I've been getting cramps like I'm going to get it for the past two weeks, and I'm freaking out because I'm thinking im pregnant? today I got some brown discharge in my mucus when I went the bathroom, and I usually get mucus close to my period, and I looked up online that it could be from being pregnant? I'm not sure, but i'm pretty scared right now, pregnant at 14 is not what I want to be.
So could you please tell me that I'm probably not pregnant and this is something explainable, like getting used to the pill or something? and far from pregnancy related? I would love you for taking so much stress from my mind.

Posts: 11 | From: panama city | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not at all unusual when starting the pill to miss the withdrawal bleed (which is what the shedding of the uterine lining is called when you're on the pill). It's also not unusual to get unusual discharge or spotting during the first few months of taking the pill.

Can you take a look at this, then we can talk about any other concerns you have?

Afraid you might be pregnant? Please read this first.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lorenzaazariaclark
Neophyte
Member # 83795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lorenzaazariaclark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel a little bit better now thank you. If I skip again this month, do you think it would be best to take a pregnancy test? or go to the gynecologist ?
Posts: 11 | From: panama city | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you currently sexually active? Do you have the kinds of sex that could lead to pregnancy?

It's always okay to take a pregnancy test for peace of mind. It would also be okay for you to check in with the doctor who prescribed the Pill.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lorenzaazariaclark
Neophyte
Member # 83795

Yes, the last few times we haven't used a condom, but he never ejaculated inside me. We're careful about pulling out, and he can feel when he pre-ejaculates(what he told me) and pulls out everytime.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your taking your pills as directed, and using them together with the withdrawal method - if he's pulling out well before he ejaculates you have 99.98% (99.99% if it's the minipills you take) effective protection against pregnancy. That's very, very nearly 100% safe.

Like the presence vaginal lubrication, the presence of pre-ejaculate can't really be predicted accurately. However, you are still at 99.98% protected, because withdrawal is about pulling out the penis way before ejaculation, not before pre-ejaculate appears. So, your risk of pregnancy is very low here.

Here's a few links that might help you out:

[ 02-29-2012, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Reimi ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lorenzaazariaclark
Neophyte
Member # 83795

So if by some freak chance I were pregnant, I wouldn't have any symptoms the first 2 weeks? I've been feeling quite off lately, and my cramps don't feel normal.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Pregnancy doesn't occur until about a week after the sexual encounter that could have led to pregnancy. It takes that long for the sperm and egg to meet in the fallopian tube, do what they do at a cellular level, and travel back to the uterus.

The cramping may be part of your body adjusting to your birth control.

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

Of course, if you want reassurance, you can take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.