Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I don't understand why it hurts??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't understand why it hurts??
macie18
Activist
Member # 57241

Icon 5 posted      Profile for macie18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have sex on the regular, its great.. but theres one position that really hurts for some reason. its somewhat like anal but instead of in the anal its in the back of the vagina. it really hurts in my stomach too. what's going on?
Posts: 46 | From: fl | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing with different positions for intercourse is that they involve different angles. Everyone's body is different, so some positions might have the penis zigging where the vagina would really prefer that it zag.

The fact that this hurts doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, only that it's not quite right for your body.

You might find this reading material helpful.

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macie18
Activist
Member # 57241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macie18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so we have to try different angles?
Posts: 46 | From: fl | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nodding. given that bodies are so unique (no one is the same as the next) it can be a bit of a trial and error (and can be a fun trial and error) to experiment and find the positions that give both of you the most pleasure and are the most comfortable to perform.

Are you and your partner comfortable talking with each other about sex and trying tdifferent things?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadi DeRohan
Neophyte
Member # 95015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadi DeRohan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi there! I'm 25 year old and marrried for an year.... My problem is it hurts everytime we try to have sex and as a result we had to stop coz i cannot bear it.... I still havent experienced what people call a 'mind - blowing ' sex.... Pls help me, i'm so very miserable
Posts: 3 | From: india | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Shadi, can you start a topic of your own so we can address your concerns there? You can do that by clicking on the "New Topic" button at the top right or bottom left of this page.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macie18
Activist
Member # 57241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macie18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes we are, but like you said its been a lot of errors, idk what to do anymore
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not all positions feel good to every person or every pair of people. It's more than okay to have a position, or even more than one, that just doesn't work for you and you just take off the table.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.