Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Tampons!0.0

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tampons!0.0
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cc_159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can tampons pop a virgins cherry???

--------------------
cc_159!!

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There aren't cherries in the vagina to be popped in the first place:
• My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It
• http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/seriously_enough_with_the_fruit_already

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cc_159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha I know I juat didnt know how to ask.

--------------------
cc_159!!

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Haha I know I juat didnt know how to ask.

--------------------
cc_159!!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do those links make it make more sense?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Kinda... Im still confused!:/
like it could but, but then in the other hand no.

--------------------
cc_159!!

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have any specific questions about the articles? What is it that you find confusing?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

I didnt read it well, but know that I read it well I do have a question.
Well its not me but my best friend n since shes the only girl in her fam she goes to me for female body question.and of course I wanna help her, but I also dont want to give her the wrong info. We been taking about tamponds n she a virgin n for wat she told she has her vagina opening really closed. What can I adviser her, of course we dont want her to use them if her hymen its going to be affected.

I'm sorry I hope I make since.

--------------------
cc_159!!

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your friend can fit her finger in her vagina then using a tampon should be no problem.

The hymen, or corona, stretches rather than breaks. It's not a solid thing but rather a stretchy membrane that already has some holes in it. Think about it this way: if there wer something solid covering the vaginal opening, menstrual blood wouldn't be able to get out.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Oh I didnt know about the finger thing, thank you, ill talk to her n see wat happens.
Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
cc_159!!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.