Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » weird discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: weird discharge
d15
Neophyte
Member # 95081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My GF starting getting this dark brown discharge one week before her period was due. This Discharge lasted for two weeks. she said she only really noticed it when she wiped after peeing and she never got her period, just the same brown discharge. I have fingered her in the past and ejaculated onto her stomach but i have never ejaculated onto her vulva or touched her vagina with my penis... what is going on? thanks!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, she had spotting that started a week before her period was due, but the spotting never turned into a full, regular flow?

That sounds like she just had a wonky cycle this time around. It happens from time to time. If she's concerned, she can take a pregnancy test to confirm, but I'd not worry about this too much.

If her period is irregular next month, too, it would be a good idea to give her gynecologist a call.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d15
Neophyte
Member # 95081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea it started a week before her period was due and then lasted two weeks without her period ever starting. the only sexual contact we had was me with no pants on on top of her with her underwear and pajamas on and i ejaculated on her stomach then she rolled over onto her stomach and i gave her a back rub and then i pulled her pants down and fingered her.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d15
Neophyte
Member # 95081

so the two weeks of spotting was her period?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's most likely it, yep. It can happen sometimes, and it doesn't sound like there's been a pregnancy risk (although as Joey said, if she wants she can take a pregnancy test).

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it could well have been. As Joey said, sometimes the menstrual cycle gets thrown off.

If it happens again and she's concerned she can talk to her doctor.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d15
Neophyte
Member # 95081

but why did it last two weeks?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no telling why it did. But since she was spotting lightly and the uterus will keep shedding until the lining is gone, that's just how long it took that particular time.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d15
Neophyte
Member # 95081

Ok Thanks! but one last question! why was it brown?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

the uterine lining includes old blood, which looks dark, and other tissue. Not uncommon for it to be a brown colour.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.