Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Penetration Pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penetration Pain
SnowFlower
Neophyte
Member # 95298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnowFlower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I'm new here and I was hoping someone could help me out.

My friend and I have decided we want to have sex. We're both virgins so I thought he should try fingering me first. But every time he tries to put a finger in my vagina it hurts a lot. I'm really relaxed so I'm not sure why this is happening.
Also, he tried giving me oral but it just felt a bit painful instead of pleasurable.

Is there something we're doing wrong?

Posts: 5 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you very sexually attracted to your boyfriend? When you get ready to engage in sexual activity, do make sure that you are in the mood and feeling aroused? Do you use lots of lube and go very slowly?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, how are you doing for reproductive health care? Have you been seen by a gynecologist recently?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnowFlower
Neophyte
Member # 95298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnowFlower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am pretty attracted to him, and I think I feel sexually aroused. We haven't tried using lube, so I'll mention that next time.

I haven't been to a gynecologist before my pediatrician said I can continue going to her until I'm 22 (I'm 20 right now.)

I've tried exploring by myself but I can never get my finger beyond the entrance of my vagina without feeling a wall and pain.

Thanks so much for helping me out!

Posts: 5 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you're trying masturbation on your own, are you also feeling pain with ANY way of touching your vulva, like when rubbing your external clitoris? Or is the pain just with anything with vaginal entry?

(You say you're also having pain with oral sex, but I don't know if he's engaging your vaginal opening with that at all.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnowFlower
Neophyte
Member # 95298

When I'm touching my external clitoris, it sort of tingles but doesn't hurt or feel amazingly good.
It's only when I try to put a finger into my vaginal opening that it hurts.

SnowFlower
Neophyte
Member # 95298

Sorry for the double post, I didn't see your second question until I had already replied.

No, he isn't near my vaginal opening during oral.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm. It's perplexing to me, then, that you're also having pain with oral sex. That's just odd if you're not feeling it with masturbation and your vulva. (Unless the deal is that you're simply not feeling good or feeling pain with ANY kind of genital sex with your partner: that suggests this probably isn't a physical issue, but an interpersonal one.)

So, for sure, sounds like this is something to take to whoever you see for sexual healthcare first and see what they say.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SnowFlower
Neophyte
Member # 95298

Okay.
Thanks for all your help! I'll make an appointment to go see my doctor.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.